4 Posts

Deception: Murder in Hong Kong» Forums » Variants

Subject: Turn Yourself In Role Variant for Accomplice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of a role variant for the accomplice where at any point in the game, if the accomplice feels like the investigators are going to win, they can turn themselves in and reveal they are the accomplice. This has to be done before the correct combination of means and clue cards are officially guessed. The accomplice would then be no longer allowed to participate in the game, but should the investigators win, the accomplice would win with them.

The catch with this variant is that now the witness knows who the murderer is, which makes it easier for them, but in turn might help the murderer more easily determine the witness.

This could also work if you played with 2 accomplice where only one of them can turn themselves in, as the witness would then still not know who the murderer is.

There is of course the obvious downside that the accomplice can no longer play in that current round.

Let me know your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nguyen
msg tools
mbmb
Not a good rule. In that case the accomplice would want to turn himself in immediately every time and then it's just a matter of narrowing down the murderer's cards. It's too easy/broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if they turn themselves in they they can't participate in the rest of the game so I envisaged this more as a last ditch effort if they think they will lose in round 2/3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why wouldn't the accomplice state what the solution was, then turn themself in? They can't participate afterwards, but nothing says they can't participate beforehand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.