3 Posts

Entropy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Seeking clarification on the Vortex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Espie
Australia
flag msg tools
So we were playing the game through a couple of times and a query came up regarding the Vortex card.

We weren't sure exactly how the card works or what sort of "classification" the card has.

We were trying to figure out how long it stayed in play or when it's effects stopped/if it is returned to the nexus during a temporal clash.

I think that the problem we were having is that we were trying to justify how it worked by comparing it to the Anchor. As I think more about it, I feel like it's designed to operate exactly as any other reality fragment.

By this I mean, if you draw it from the deck like any other fragment you can keep it shrouded and reveal it in the same way as any other fragment. Thus it can then be discarded in the same way as any revealed fragment not belonging to the player (or a wild) and doesn't count to a victory.

Is this the correct way to play with this card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Chang
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct that the Vortex acts like any other fragment. The proper name of the Vortex card is Vortex Fragment (see pg. 8 of the rulebook). Vortex Fragment and Wild Fragments are two fragment types that go along with reality fragments and have the same rules and behaviours, aside from their special functions in the game.

In hindsight, we should've made the relationship between the different fragments more explicit in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Espie
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification - that does make a lot more sense now.

Will really help teaching the game, and how to deal with it when you draw it from the Nexus deck etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.