Dien Bien Phu: The Final Gamble» Forums » Rules

Subject: Evacuation of Isabelle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn H
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, just to be sure I got this right. I am playing this solo to learn.

The Isabelle supply hex is taken by the VM so the French need to either take it back or get the hell out. 3z-304 is a dig zone. Since the french had some of the edge hexes at 3z-304 i just moved a large part of the Isabelle force to 2z-304 during the box move step (all that could without entering VM ZoC). And during the French after combat move they can just move to DBP. Am I playing correctly? Lots of troops that got away. Maybe a VM tactic is to really surround Isabelle to prevent this from happening?

Since attrition (7.1) happens before the after combat move. I guess the question is: are isolated units that moved to a trench zone'd 2z-304 in LoC from DBP before they get to move in 7.2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
French units in 2z-304 is not in French LoC if that zone is a Trench zone. So, in your example, if the supply hex in 3z-304 is taken by the VM, then all French units in 304 sector is isolated. They would still be able to move to 2z-304 in the box move, but they would not be able to enter DBP since attrition comes before the French after-combat move (consider the entrenched 2z-304 zone as "too large" and with too many VM soldiers hanging around, to enable isolated units escaping).

This "move" is only possible if the French units are not isolated. So, if the supply hex is taken, then the French units there have to retake it or surrender.

Hoppas du tycker om spelet :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.