GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,948 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Missing Pieces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Chipman
United States
Murray
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game arrived today and we've already played a game! Very good and the production value is above reproach.

However, my game is missing the little blue heart. We were very careful in unpacking, so it wasn't shipped with the game. How should I go about having that replaced?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike: Here's all the information to help you with that (it's the most recently project update): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameystegmaier/scythe/p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameystegmaier/scythe/p...

Replacement stuff was mentioned on the last Kickstarter Update

Edit : Damn Jamey's quick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a cheer for Jamey and his team. Got my game last week and it was missing one little black cube.cry This almost seemed ludicrous in a game this size to be missing the absolute smallest piece. I have lots of black cubes laying around - but the Scythe cubes are a smaller size and must be an exact fit to match the custom board inserts. So I followed the directions and requested a replacement. The cube arrived in the mail before I was able to get the game on the table! That's service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John! We're happy to help. We've been a little slower than usually due to the volume (that usually happens for the first few weeks when we release a new game), but I'm glad it got to you pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Lawrence
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to jump on this cheer bandwagon. My copy was missing some of the white pieces. Stonemaier replaced them quickly and with no hassle. It was amazing customer service.

That level of attention to your customers sets you apart from your competitors (in addition to your quality games) and works to develop a loyal customer base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're certainly happy to help. Though ideally no one would need replacement parts when they open the box for the first time--we're working with Panda to get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can testify to the speed at which Jamey and Company send out missing pieces. I filled out the form on their we sight and it arrived in the mail four days later. Absolutely fantastic customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JKidder wrote:
I can testify to the speed at which Jamey and Company send out missing pieces. I filled out the form on their we sight and it arrived in the mail four days later. Absolutely fantastic customer service!

Same here, I filled out the form and got an envelope in the mail 4 days later without any questions. Another reason that Stonemaier Games is the best publisher in the hobby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JKidder wrote:

It took about 2 weeks for me (my blue mine arrived today), but that could be Canada Post - sometimes they're lightning quick, sometimes they're slower than molasses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
Edit : Damn Jamey's quick

Nah, he took a full minute to reply. I think he's getting old and slow .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Chipman
United States
Murray
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: I filled out the form Thursday afternoon and received the part (in Kentucky) today.

You've earned a lifetime customer Stonemaier. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike! I'd always rather your game arrive perfectly the first time, but if it doesn't, we're happy to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep quick, in my CE I had 3 resource containers that were crushed (being next to the huge board during shipment) and a white Mech with a broken off gun. Filled out the form and received replacements 5 days later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
How many small plastic resource containers are there supposed to be? I got two (each with a lid). Three of my large action boards also have varying amounts of white scuff marks and dented corners, making them easily identifiable. Also missing three combat wheels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The non-Kickstarter editions have two plastic containers and two combat wheels. Only the KS editions have three combat wheel promo, it's not necessary really because only two are required for each combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of resource containers and combat wheels depend on which version of the game you have. The retail version has 2 resource containers and 2 combat wheels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Brie. Spatzi, I'm not sure why there's confusion about the combat dials--only 2 are listed on the bottom of the box and in the components list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanted to jump on this thread to say how impressed I was in getting a missing piece replaced. My copy showed up missing the blue armory and had an extra mine. Filled out the form and the piece showed up four days later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks James! We're not always that fast, but we try to deliver missing pieces between 7 and 10 days if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Thanks, Brie. Spatzi, I'm not sure why there's confusion about the combat dials--only 2 are listed on the bottom of the box and in the components list.

The confusion comes from sorting pieces before looking over the component list. when I saw the game had five factions, and only 2 combat wheels, I quite logically assumed three missing combat wheels. Not every buyer is subbed to these forums and every detail of its production history. I did not follow forums for this game so I would not know anything about kickstarters, special editions, extra parts, etc.

While the components are great, not too happy with the quality control. It's very rare when I buy a game and find even one damaged component, but here there are a few. 1) various mats scuffed with white marks and damaged corner, 2) shrink wrapped cards with some bent on corners, 3) a black worker missing his leg. Luckily the broken piece was still in the bag and I was able to glue it, but a 'do it yourself' kit is not what I expect for $80. Will send you photos.

I got this game as slightly damaged from BGB, but that was only supposed to be the outer box. (Dented corner) I think the large player mats are moving around in the box, not bagged, and perhaps that causes the scuffing. I have read other reports of this happening. It's not a game breaker but still annoying to find any damage for a game at this price point.

Other than this, enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ljusto Struhar
Montenegro
Kotor
flag msg tools
Hey, is this service valid for non-KS users? I got my copy from milan-spiele.de, it was sealed, but there were only 3 rusoviet mechs inside..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infiltrator84 wrote:
Hey, is this service valid for non-KS users? I got my copy from milan-spiele.de, it was sealed, but there were only 3 rusoviet mechs inside..

If it's the English version, then fill out the form linked to above and we'll send you the missing mech. If you've bought one of the translated versions published by our partners, then I as far as I know, you should contact them. Given that it's a ".de" URL it might be the German version you've bought and then it's Morning Group that's the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ljusto Struhar
Montenegro
Kotor
flag msg tools
It's the english version, and they've already said they'd post it today, very, very prompt and helpful service you got there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infiltrator84 wrote:
It's the english version, and they've already said they'd post it today, very, very prompt and helpful service you got there.

Great, I'm happy to hear that and I'm sorry that your copy was defective.

It boggles the mind how the people packing these games can misplace a mech. I mean look at the pictures, those mechs are huge. How do misplace a hulking 20 meter high metal war machine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.