John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Just want to clarify, when Hail Mary is played, a player put a Runner on any empty space on the board. So if I am reading this text correctly, a player during his last turn can just drop a Runner or Ringer on the major scoring mound to gain 5 points. If this happen, then the opponent will have no opportunity to react. Is this a legitimate play?

2. If a Runner immediately bring the ball to the major scoring mound on the opposite side of the field, does its team immediately gain 5 points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:
1. Just want to clarify, when Hail Mary is played, a player put a Runner on any empty space on the board. So if I am reading this text correctly, a player during his last turn can just drop a Runner or Ringer on the major scoring mound to gain 5 points. If this happen, then the opponent will have no opportunity to react. Is this a legitimate play?

Yes, it is a legitimate play. The opposing team can counter this possibility by moving one of their own figures onto their own major scoring mound earlier in the game.

brighknight_216 wrote:
2. If a Runner immediately bring the ball to the major scoring mound on the opposite side of the field, does its team immediately gain 5 points?

No. There is no immediate score - they would have to wait until the start of their next turn for the 5 points as you can only score on scoring mounds at the start of your turn. This gives the opposition a chance to try to tackle or kill the player and try to prevent the 5 points being scored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.