Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it really, just thought I would comment on the colossal amount of contents in the box. It's simply amazing and appears of very good quality.
I am very happy with the ships and think the paint job is fantastic.

The sector game board pieces are a tad "feathery/whispery" at the edges, I have seen this before and I will seal the edges up with clear quick drying varnish.

Very impressive package and a lot of bang for the buck, Thank you Ryan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Coleman
United Kingdom
Hampton
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Agreed I opened my yesterday and was impressed by the quality and amount of stuff packed in. It is one heavy box!

Looking forward to getting it onto the table in the next couple of weeks.

PS Ryan - I don't think the white grid lines on the sector are too faint. Also whilst my 'Red pieces' are most definitely orange, they seem to match the player mat and tokens so no complaints there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game a few weeks back and my friends were very impressed. I thought it was funny that at first they didn't even realize there was a grid marked on the board! While we were discussing the rules, one of my friends was wondering how movement worked without spaces! Turns out everyone really liked the subdued grid, allowing you to see and enjoy the board art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
Turns out everyone really liked the subdued grid, allowing you to see and enjoy the board art.

Well I'll just pretend I did that on purpose then...

I was impressed with the weight myself (even after lugging a prototype around for months). If a burglar ever breaks into your game room, this is definitely the box you want to throw at them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
0 hr wrote:
Brian T wrote:
Turns out everyone really liked the subdued grid, allowing you to see and enjoy the board art.

Well I'll just pretend I did that on purpose then...

I was impressed with the weight myself (even after lugging a prototype around for months). If a burglar ever breaks into your game room, this is definitely the box you want to throw at them.

They would get neutralised a few feet before the game room door ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And apart from the large amounts of game components (which not always is an indicator for a good game, though), I think it is also a very well organized box insert. I even manage to squeeze all my ship miniatures (incl. the Tachikaze) into that small separate compartment. The dice also fit nicely (although this was not intended, I believe) into the cavities between the cards and board tiles.

Played once now, but had to stop in the middle. Still have a few questions that came up. Will have a look in the FAQ first, before I come back.

Looking forward to my next game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.