Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben G
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently purchased the Valley Games version of Die Macher. After reading the rules and watching the BoardGameswithScott video, I need a clarification on which cards are contradictory.

I see that "Yes" and "No" are contradictory
I see that "More" and "Less" are contradictory

My question is:

Are "Yes" and "Less" contradictory or "No" and "More" or are they completely independent other than being on the same issue?

When you pick your party platform and have the cards in front of you, can "No" genetic engineering co-exist with "More" genetic engineering (or "Less")?

My current belief is that "Yes/No" and "More/Less" are completely independent of each other besides being on the same issue and based on (6.4.1 #4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They never come in contact.

The inverse of "yes" is always "no" (on an issue such as genet. mod.), and the inverse of "more" is always "less." (on an issue such as social state)

Genetic Mod. will never have a "less" or a "more" card, and social state will never have a "yes" or "no" card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AHA! Thank you.

I have been watching videos and reading rules and I failed to realize that there were not four versions of each issue.

My first game is this Friday and I am trying to iron out all of the wrinkles before I start.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, it works out to be: White background colored cards are for an issue, maroon background colored cards are against an issue.

The image on the cards denote the issue.

Please point out the potential confusion between industry cards and nuclear power cards. The silhouettes of the images (from a distance) look too similar (it's the crane that does it for me).

It was a great game that flowed very smoothly once it got rolling. The explanation was much more complex sounding than how it played out. I hope it goes over well for you guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Chen
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything stated above is correct, however I can see why there may be some confusion since there is a misprint in the Valley Games version.

The Party Policy cards for Economic Redevelopment show a "more" and "no" for the choices. The Public Opinion cards have "yes" and "less".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got through playing my first game of Die Macher! Everything went smoothly. Thanks for all of your help.

Overall, no one had any trouble distinguishing the nuclear towers from the construction though one person was confused over the misprinted economic redevelopment cards.

I played the five round short version with two other players. With everyone having round summary player aids, we clocked in at ~3 1/2 for our first outing. Not too shabby. With both the female and male species represented, all had a blast and really want to gather up and play again.

I think our introductory session benefited from having only three players. Also, I cannot thank Scott enough for providing a video which explains in detail how the game should be played. Going in blind just trying to cypher the rules myself would have probably been too painful, and I would have missed out on a wonderful opportunity to play a wonderful game.

Finally, I guess I should thank Tanga for offering the game so many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.