Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1). Sit to the left of the person who owns the game (or at least the person who has played the most times). That person (AND YOU) should realize that almost no bid, to be the Harbor Master, should be had for less than 20. If you win the bid...that's fine, but if you are going to lose the bid, lose it to the player on your right. That means you can ride his "coat tails" for that turn, because you are playing 2nd. But NEVER drop out of the bidding early. If you can't have it, then drive the price high. ***disclaimer*** Unfortunately, this doesn't work all of the time , in my case, because this game is owned by a husband and wife, who both know the game intimately. But if if the game is owned by a single "Geek", park yourself into the chair on his left, and bid your butt off.

2). If all things were equal, then in a 4 player game each player would be the Harbor Master 25% of the time. You don't want this! You should endevor to be the Harbor Master, at least 50% of the time...heck, every turn , if you can get away with it. As harbor master, you should be able to score your main barge, and your secondary barge, and now and then even the 3rd barge. Bid aggressively. ***disclaimer*** All of this is for naught, if you cannot roll decent dice.

psssst! I hope my friends don't see this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weinfurther
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockerdile wrote:
psssst! I hope my friends don't see this post.

Don't worry. I won't tell 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.