Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: cards [+] recommendations [+] [View All]
arif ally
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a few games of Blue Moon and really like it. I was wondering if there are other 2 player non-collectible card games out there that the player can customize there decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
    Given the nature of the markets in collectible card games, you could likely look at any card game that way, as long as you don't get the fever. If there's a particular card you're interested you can just buy it in the aftermarket for the going price. Naturally you would pick and choose based on desire and cost.

I don't mean to defuse your question, but the "collectible" part of CCG is more a matter of behavior than actual implementation. If you set a total price for yourself and then promise to stay within it, you can assemble a good, fun deck from just about any card game.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Campbell
United States
Excelsior
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Sagrilarus.

I've purchased some Magic the Gathering common and uncommon lots for cheap on e-bay. I've also purchased a few starter decks. I now have about 600 cards to choose from.

For about the cost a boardgame ($40 -50) I've been able to enjoy a good card game with my daughter.

You should also look into Jambo and Roma. These are two great card games that play like CCGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Schenectady
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at these.
Tower Siege
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/4649
Pit Fighter
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/24969
As others have said I've also had good luck getting dead ccg's(Mythos, INWO) cheap on ebay and constructing good playable decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a very limited way, Scarab Lords (also by Knizia) is a 2-player card game that with a little customization of decks, as I recall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.