Thumb up
2 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Visiting the Alliance Cruiser and Moving the Cruiser with a Nav card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So, yesterday we played a game with the Story card to free a wanted character from jail (Which requires working at the alliance cruiser to attempt to free them).

Player A burned to the cruiser. On their second move, they arrived at the cruiser... However, the Nav Card was <<The player to your right MUST move the alliance cruiser >> I'm not using quotes because I'm recalling the text from memory.

Unfortunately I don't have my rulebook on me to look it up, but I'm wondering what applies here.

Is the Nav card resolved before or after the cruiser contact?

I know, unlike the reaver ships, the alliance contact is resolved as soon as it shares a space with a firefly, and it ends their fly action if they were flying.

So, I could see two possibilities in this situation?

1) Player A enters the sector with the Alliance Cruiser. Player A draws a Nav Card which moves the Alliance Cruiser. Player B moves the Alliance Cruiser away. Player A does not resolve the alliance contact, but may keep flying... to possibly meet it next turn.

2) Player A enters the sector with the Alliance Cruiser. Player A resolves the alliance contact, forcing them to full stop. Player A draws a Nav Card and Player B moves the cruiser. Player A cannot catch up with the cruiser as it is forced to full stop from the contact.

Also there's probably some other possibilities here... I just don't have my rulebook to look up the answers and I couldn't see it in the community FAQ.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
Well that depends...

If the Ship is an Outlaw Ship, then no Nav Card is drawn and instead Alliance Contact is resolved and that is the end of the Player's Fly Action (i.e the Cruiser does not move out of the Sector at that time).

If the Ship was not an Outlaw Ship, then a Nav Card is drawn and its results applied because if you are not an Outlaw Ship you do not resolve Alliance Contact and can Keep Flying and as long as the Player has not reached their Maximum Range they can continue their Fly Action to try to end this in the same Sector as the Cruiser (probably only a likely option if the Cruiser moved 1 Sector, rather than to the other side of Alliance Space).

The official FAQ 4.1 on page 14 explains all this this. Here is the link:

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.