Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf - The Easter Story

--------------

Good Roles

Jesus of Nazareth - The seer (finds wolf or not wolf only), with a bit of a twist. If Jesus is lynched or killed, he will return on the third day after death, and receives one seer view prior to this day. a) If Mary Magdalene is alive, he will not come directly back to the game, but will instead have PM rights with her for one day and night, and will receive a seer vision that night. On the next day, he returns to the game fully, and may vote/discuss as normal. He will remain in the game until the end of that day. b) If Magdalene is not alive, Jesus will return to the game fully, may vote and discuss as normal, and will remain in the game until the end of that day.

Mary Magdalene - Magdalene acquires PM rights with Jesus on the first day that Jesus returns to the game. Magdalene will be told when Jesus has been killed or lynched, even if the Priest roles are no longer in the game.

John, the Beloved Disciple - Jesus promised that this disciple would not die until the end of the age - sort of. John is a "tough" villager - it takes two kills, two lynches, or a lynch and kill before John dies and leaves the game.

Joseph of Arimathea - One of two Priest roles. As long as Joseph is in the game, the roles of lynched players will be revealed at lynch time. After his death, the roles of lynched players will not be revealed.

Simon of Cyrene - The other Priest role. As long as Simon is in the game, the roles of night-killed players will be revealed at dawn. After his death, the roles of killed players will not be revealed.

Peter the Apostle - The founder of the church, but only after a bout of cowardice. After Jesus is lynched/killed, Peter's votes are not counted in lynch votes. After Jesus has returned and departed again, all of Peter's votes count double (i.e., as two votes).

NOTE: One of the above roles will not be in the game. However, which role is not in the game will not be revealed to any player.

Ordinary Disciples - The "vanilla villagers" of the game.

Evil Roles

Pontius Pilate - One of the wolves, the Roman governor of Judaea, known for his indifferent cruelty and callousness towards the Judaeans. Pilate may nullify the vote of one player each day - this nullified vote is announced at lynch time. However, Pilate may not nullify the same player's vote twice in a game; he may nullify a fellow wolf's vote or even his own vote. (Note - Pilate was originally given a brutal ability, this has been removed for balance purposes.)

Caiaphas - The high priest and one of the wolves. Caiaphas may search each night for "Judas" - if he locates Judas, Judas will also learn Caiaphas's identity. Caiaphas also learns the identity of players killed by the wolves, regardless of whether any Priest role is alive or not.

Barrabas - One of the wolves, the prisoner set free by Pilate. It takes two lynches to kill Barrabas.

Judas Iscariot - The traditional "Sorcerer" role, with a twist. Judas targets a player each night to find Caiaphas or Jesus; if he finds either one he learns that player's identity. If he finds Caiaphas, Caiaphas will also learn who Judas is. Judas does not count for parity purposes for the wolves.

Lynch: 4 PM
Night: 8 PM
Tie-Breaker: LHLV

Have fun! Roles will go out shortly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW - Easter Story - Game Thread N0
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in bracekts: [vote jmilum]

3. Only one unvote and/or vote per post. You may have both an unvote
and a vote in the same post, but the unvote must come before the vote

4. You may [unvote all] instead of naming the current player
you are voting

5. If you [vote nightfall] your vote will be locked (voting
nightfall is allowed in the same post as a vote for a player, but it
must come after it, this does not violate Rule #3)

6. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread hourly
if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each game day)
are also available on the Cassandra game page.

7. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

8. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

9. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

10. Quotes below the vote/unvote statement may cause the vote to be missed,
especially if they contain bolded sections.

11. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Retrieve Final Lynch Time Vote' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1607...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1607...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
Werewolf - The Easter Story

--------------

Good Roles

Jesus of Nazareth - The seer (finds wolf or not wolf only), with a bit of a twist. If Jesus is lynched or killed, he will return on the third day after death, and receives one seer view prior to this day. a) If Mary Magdalene is alive, he will not come directly back to the game, but will instead have PM rights with her for one day and night, and will receive a seer vision that night. On the next day, he returns to the game fully, and may vote/discuss as normal. He will remain in the game until the end of that day. b) If Magdalene is not alive, Jesus will return to the game fully, may vote and discuss as normal, and will remain in the game until the end of that day.

Mary Magdalene - Magdalene acquires PM rights with Jesus on the first day that Jesus returns to the game. Magdalene will be told when Jesus has been killed or lynched, even if the Priest roles are no longer in the game.

John, the Beloved Disciple - Jesus promised that this disciple would not die until the end of the age - sort of. John is a "tough" villager - it takes two kills, two lynches, or a lynch and kill before John dies and leaves the game.

Joseph of Arimathea - One of two Priest roles. As long as Joseph is in the game, the roles of lynched players will be revealed at lynch time. After his death, the roles of lynched players will not be revealed.

Simon of Cyrene - The other Priest role. As long as Simon is in the game, the roles of night-killed players will be revealed at dawn. After his death, the roles of killed players will not be revealed.

Peter the Apostle - The founder of the church, but only after a bout of cowardice. After Jesus is lynched/killed, Peter's votes are not counted in lynch votes. After Jesus has returned and departed again, all of Peter's votes count double (i.e., as two votes).

NOTE: One of the above roles will not be in the game. However, which role is not in the game will not be revealed to any player.

Ordinary Disciples - The "vanilla villagers" of the game.

Evil Roles

Pontius Pilate - One of the wolves, the Roman governor of Judaea, known for his indifferent cruelty and callousness towards the Judaeans. Pilate may nullify the vote of one player each day - this nullified vote is announced at lynch time. However, Pilate may not nullify the same player's vote twice in a game; he may nullify a fellow wolf's vote or even his own vote. (Note - Pilate was originally given a brutal ability, this has been removed for balance purposes.)

Caiaphas - The high priest and one of the wolves. Caiaphas may search each night for "Judas" - if he locates Judas, Judas will also learn Caiaphas's identity. Caiaphas also learns the identity of players killed by the wolves, regardless of whether any Priest role is alive or not.

Barrabas - One of the wolves, the prisoner set free by Pilate. It takes two lynches to kill Barrabas.

Judas Iscariot - The traditional "Sorcerer" role, with a twist. Judas targets a player each night to find Caiaphas or Jesus; if he finds either one he learns that player's identity. If he finds Caiaphas, Caiaphas will also learn who Judas is. Judas does not count for parity purposes for the wolves.
Call me Paul.
Just as speculation, of the named good roles the only ones that could be absent without detracting from the mechanisms of others are John and Peter.
No Jesus would be odd.
Mo Mary Magdalene affects Jesus' return. Possible, but less likely than Peter/John
No Joseph or Simon would affect the reveals. mod - if one of these were absent, what logic would hold: Would the reveals always occur (role hasn't died) or never occur (role isn't around)? If the latter, we will know the absent role by D2.

Also, clarification on Peter:
Jesus alive - Peter votes as 1
Jesus dead - Peter votes as 0
Jesus alive again - do Peter's votes return to 1 or stay at 0?
Jesus dead a second time/ascended - Peter votes as 2.

Evil roles: One vote-nulling wolf, one sorc-searching wolf, one tough wolf and one sorc who can find the sorc-searching wolf. To check, Judas and Caiaphas don't get chat, each just learns the other's identity, right?

Well, far be it from me to cast the first stone... but [vote Grimjester]. Shame on you, to be making bad jokes at a time like this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone.

Is lynch today at 4pm or tomorrow?

Oh and Kima you need to post Dawn, since right now our votes won't be counted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, just saw that we are in N0 still, so I guess I should say... Javal, that vote won't count since it is still night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[DAWN]

It's Day 1. Lynch will occur today at 4 PM. You're all pros... I don't expect anyone here needs over 24 hours to plead their case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
No Joseph or Simon would affect the reveals. mod - if one of these were absent, what logic would hold: Would the reveals always occur (role hasn't died) or never occur (role isn't around)? If the latter, we will know the absent role by D2.

If either Joseph or Simon is absent, the corresponding role reveal (lynch or kill) will not occur. You are correct, if one of these isn't present, you'll know by D2.

Quote:
Also, clarification on Peter:
Jesus alive - Peter votes as 1
Jesus dead - Peter votes as 0
Jesus alive again - do Peter's votes return to 1 or stay at 0?
Jesus dead a second time/ascended - Peter votes as 2.

If Jesus returns and Magdalene is still alive, then Peter votes as 0 for one day, because for that first day he comes back, he is only PMing with Mary, he is not fully in the game. Once he posts in thread again, he is back in the game completely, and Peter votes as 2 on that day and subsequent days.

Quote:
Evil roles: One vote-nulling wolf, one sorc-searching wolf, one tough wolf and one sorc who can find the sorc-searching wolf. To check, Judas and Caiaphas don't get chat, each just learns the other's identity, right?

That's correct. The wolves have enough power as it is without tossing in PM rights between the sorc and wolf. They will simply know each other's identity. Judas will not know who Pilate or Barrabas is, as a result, unless Caiaphas is sneaky enough to pass notes in the public forum for Judas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW - Easter Story - Game Thread, Day One
Checking in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shalom Brothers and Sisters

As you know I am Bartholomew, son of Tolmay. There is much talk of the Temple and the Romans having concerns with the teachings and actions of our teacher. I am a good and faithful Jew, but believe that Jesus son of Joseph speaks the truth, he is the King of Israel. I have seen his miracles, listen to his words and lack no doubt of him.

For the time being I believe that the teacher should remain hidden. I feel his work is not done yet. There may be those among us that do not believe as I do and even fear that Jesus is who he says he is. I fear that they may deceive the rabbi if given the chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover. And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people. Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them. And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money. And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, why is it always flatbread? Can't someone bring some Krispy Kremes to one of these Passovers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yekrats wrote:
Dang, why is it always flatbread? Can't someone bring some Krispy Kremes to one of these Passovers?

[Vote Yekrats]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player - # - Voted by
yekrats - 1 - Geosmores(1)

Not Voting: Avin, bwt2q, CapAp, dalestephenson, dbmurph22, dturnerfish, GrimJester, Javal, Melsana, Praisechick, redhawke, Shugyosha, TheArchAngel, yekrats

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 8:00 PM BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning, fellow disciples.

[vote dalstephenson]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosmores wrote:
Yekrats wrote:

[Vote Yekrats]

Jeez... (no offense, Rabbi) you'd think that someone with "smores" in their name would be a little more liberal with their sweet-tooth. But then again, technically graham crackers are unleavened and therefore kosher. I guess there's always a Pharisee in every crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, looks like the first stone has already been cast, but we must cast the last quite soon. If we are to find those who would suppress our Lord's teachings then we must act.

[vote Avin]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Greetings. I am Thomas.

Some say Jesus is a miracle-worker. I don't believe it. Jesus is a great teacher; he is a great man... he is the best man I have ever known. But he is just a man.

[vote dturnerfish]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yekrats wrote:
Geosmores wrote:
Yekrats wrote:

[Vote Yekrats]

Jeez... (no offense, Rabbi) you'd think that someone with "smores" in their name would be a little more liberal with their sweet-tooth. But then again, technically graham crackers are unleavened and therefore kosher. I guess there's always a Pharisee in every crowd.

I tell you the truth: smores are tasty and appropriate, since they are quickly made and quickly eaten. Or have you not read,

The Father wrote:
In this manner you shall eat it: with your belt fastened, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. And you shall eat it in haste. It is the LORD's Passover.

Truly I say to you, it is the leaven of the Sadduccees moreso than the Pharisees that we must beware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
More than one person around here has suffered a death that will likely not be final. I think I'll follow Jesus with my life, and CapAp with my voting:

[vote dalestephenson]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote redhawke]

Not so much of an accusation, but a conversation starter. Are any of us pure in the eyes of the Lord?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yekrats wrote:
[vote redhawke]

Not so much of an accusation, but a conversation starter. Are any of us pure in the eyes of the Lord?

I like conversation, lets talk.

[vote redhawke]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player - # - Voted by
dalestephenson - 2 - CapAp(2), bwt2q(5)
redhawke - 2 - yekrats(6), dturnerfish(7)
yekrats - 1 - Geosmores(1)
Avin - 1 - Shugyosha(3)
dturnerfish - 1 - GrimJester(4)

Not Voting: Avin, dalestephenson, dbmurph22, Javal, Melsana, Praisechick, redhawke, TheArchAngel

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 8:00 PM BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay... my D1 vote is going to be a meta vote for now... unless I see a reason to change it...

[vote Dbmurph]

That is for getting me lynched D1 in the Carmen Sandeago game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandaBug
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Praise the Lord.

[vote bwt2q]

Greetings, brother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yekrats wrote:
Geosmores wrote:
Yekrats wrote:

[Vote Yekrats]

First I am not a rabbi, I am a simple follower of the Jesus son of Joseph.

Second, many breads are kosher, and some unleavened breads are kosher, but the two are not the same.

Third Sweets by there nature of being sweet are not necessary non-kosher. And sufganiyot (donuts) are very much a Jewish treat, we often give them on Chanukah.

But because you are wishing not observe the commandments of the Pesakh especially on on the last day, or Shvi'i shel Pesach. Leads me to believe that you are not of this land. You may be a Roman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [27] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.