Tiny Epic Kingdoms: Heroes' Call» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pirate's questing across water rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Chang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In some way, the hero Pirate, with level 2 achieved, really gives me the impression of a even mightier version of Merfolk.
Nonetheless, my friends were not sure whether I can apply the power this way:

In the picture below, I took the B route to quest into the forest. In doing so, I can get a resource of my choice since I've crossed the water.
But they said I could just have taken route A to get there.

So I explained that since any area adjacent to water is considered viable when patrolling (namely, route A and B in the picture below both work, just as everyone's been curious about how Merfolk's power work), if I want to take this kind of detouring route as a strategic method to get benefits, then it's totally legal.

Am I right? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Colvin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I think there's no question about the fact you can choose to travel via water for strategic benefits.

I think the room for doubt is whether you can quest via water if you are not in fact adjacent to water to begin with.

I'd allow it. I certainly can't see any rule that indicates you can't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That's perfectly legal and good use of the pirate. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.