Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious,

Should a new group (entirely new to the game) include Lieutenant Packs, or should one gain some familiarity with the game before the tweak of peril gets added in?

I don't want to make the environment unduly hard for the heroes, grappling with the core rules as they might be, but I also relish the idea of adding depth to the overlord's strategic options.

As I mentioned in another thread, I recently pulled the trigger on:

the core box,
The Trollfens (for more junk),
Shadow of Nerekhall (for a different approach to the traditional play when we decide to switch away from co-op).
Heirs of Blood (for a better campaign with core-box components)
and Crusade of the Forgotten, based on the advice of somebody on reddit.

So the players will already be benefiting from all this content (and likely Heirs of Blood will be the first campaign approached). Would a pack or two spice this up positively, or just be too much (I get that only one pack can be played per campaign)?

Also, I'm considering adding Labyrinth of Ruin to the purchase order. Too much, or a nice addition?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
As posted in the other thread, look under the agents section: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/950149/ranking-monsters-and...

Pick one under SOLID SERVANTS — USE STRATEGICALLY that sounds fun and you are good to go. I personally suggest BELTHIR because my roster is lacking flyers and Belthir can poison heros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I would advise against Lieutenant packs.
I my Opinion they only add fiddlyness to the game.
The decsions to use the thread mechanic for our OLs have always been: I won't use it cause it gives the heroes another resource.
Appart from the mini (and now with RtL another thread in the dungeon) I don't see why we would ever include Lieutants again - And I wouldn't even need the mini cause I have a big enough miniature-collection to proxy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Road to Legend use the Peril cards in any capacity?

Anyhoo, I went for one or two despite the advice above, chiefly for the sculpts (I plan to use the spider queen one in Runebound 3e's related expansion scenario -- Queen Aried, or something to that effect). I like the idea of added abilities, but whether I use them initially or not will depend of how harsh the effects seem after I understand the system better.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.