Brian Ashley

Colorado
msg tools
I haven't found any myself. I thought maybe someone might have found some scenarios that would convert.

BuD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming you mean using ASL scenario setups but using COH rulesets? Or vice versa?
I have not gotten into ASL but have been thinking along similar lines to get more scenarios.
Granted, there is the scenario generater(firefight expansion), but I like the idea of using other preset, pre played and tested scenarios from other games. I have used scenarios from another game-Old School Tactical, and will also use scenarios from Band of Brothers. Conversely, I have also used COH scenarios using different rulesets, and had a fun time with it.
Just another way to bring variety and replayability.
I will definitely be interested in which if any ASL scenarios would work well using COH ruleset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Kossits here on BGG is using the CoH Solo AI from AtB to do ASLSK and ASL scenarios solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pcfrederick wrote:
Peter Kossits here on BGG is using the CoH Solo AI from AtB to do ASLSK and ASL scenarios solo.

More inspired by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pcfrederick wrote:

Not 100% true. I'm using a deck of special cards to drive one side. It's not the CoH Solo AI though.

Back on topic, I don't see how an ASL scenario can work. The map and counter sizes are different in both games so you can't swap them around. ASL scenarios seem to usually always have more units than you would have counters for in CoH. It would be pretty tough to get something to match up closely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
pcfrederick wrote:

Not 100% true. I'm using a deck of special cards to drive one side. It's not the CoH Solo AI though.

Back on topic, I don't see how an ASL scenario can work. The map and counter sizes are different in both games so you can't swap them around. ASL scenarios seem to usually always have more units than you would have counters for in CoH. It would be pretty tough to get something to match up closely.

Thanks for the clarification Peter. I've been following your ASL Solo Bot postings with interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.