5 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: When can I use Ice breaker abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Weiß
msg tools
Hi,

can I trigger paid Ice breaker abilities when not on a run/not meeting Ice?

Example:

I play Parasites on a rezzed Ice and then use Wyrm to lower its strength until it reaches zero and is destroyed?

And in this example: Would Wyrm need to have the same strength as the Ice? Or is this requirement only tied to disabling sub routines?

Thanks a mil!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gegenzeit wrote:
Hi,

can I trigger paid Ice breaker abilities when not on a run/not meeting Ice?

Example:

I play Parasites on a rezzed Ice and then use Wyrm to lower its strength until it reaches zero and is destroyed?

And in this example: Would Wyrm need to have the same strength as the Ice? Or is this requirement only tied to disabling sub routines?

Thanks a mil!

you can use any paid ability window to increase the power of an icebreaker (but it goes away before it would matter). it's just a way of being able to dump credits if for some reason you'd want to do that

any icebreaker ability that affects a piece of ICE, such as Wyrm's lowering strength or most icebreakers' breaking of subroutines, must be done during an encounter with that particular piece of ICE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
any icebreaker ability that affects a piece of ICE, such as Wyrm's lowering strength or most icebreakers' breaking of subroutines, must be done during an encounter with that particular piece of ICE

Additionally the Icebreaker in question must match or exceed the strength of the ICE to be able to interact with the ICE in any way (including reducing the ICE strength).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
dr00 wrote:

Additionally the Icebreaker in question must match or exceed the strength of the ICE to be able to interact with the ICE in any way (including reducing the ICE strength).

So for the example you gave here, you would need to raise WYRM's strength to meet the ice, then lower the ice strength to 0 for parasite to trash it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Weiß
msg tools
Thanks, that makes it clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.