Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai-Arne Reiter
Netherlands
Grubbenvorst
Limburg
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not 100% clear on when exactly does the comet hit,
does it hit once it enters close range, or on the next movement?

we have been playing that it moves, Long>Medium>short>hit is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong but I've been playing it so that it hits immediately once the die is rolled
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Tardi
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince of Guelph wrote:
I could be wrong but I've been playing it so that it hits immediately once the die is rolled

This is the way we play it. You roll the die, it destroys all non-mission tokens in that arc and then hits the Enterprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
These pretzels are making me thirsty
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravensson wrote:
Prince of Guelph wrote:

This is the way we play it. You roll the die, it destroys all non-mission tokens in that arc and then hits the Enterprise.
That is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai-Arne Reiter
Netherlands
Grubbenvorst
Limburg
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, that does make some sense, next playtrough we'll play it like that.
It is a bit of a shame though, I kinda liked the unstoppable approaching comet, at least then you could try and get a shield in front of it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The comet is the same as the boulders in original castle panic.
They destroy everything on their path and then inflict damages to the structure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
The comet is the same as the boulders in original castle panic.
They destroy everything on their path and then inflict damages to the structure.

I was under the impression that shields could stop it, based on the example on the right, which says, in part, "...as well as the right side section of the Enterprise Hull (because it has no shield)" meaning it does damage as a (2) attack when it hits the Enterprise. am I reading this wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It deals 2 damage to the Enterprise, which could be the shield or hull, depending on which one is exposed.

Does the comet hit non-mission tokens in the long range spot? The rules say the comet starts in the long range spot and moves inward, destroying everything in its path. Technically, a threat token in the long range spot isn't in the path of the comet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Oddo
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My take is that the long range spot is part of the path. The comet comes from further out in space beyond the range of the Enterprise. The long range spot is just where the comet and other craft are first detected.

Just my thoughts....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hedstrom
United States
California
flag msg tools
We also play that it destroys cloaked ships that are in the same sector. The cloaking may hide it from the Enterprise but the comet would just barrel through and destroy it, cloaked or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.