Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I love Dead of Winter.

I love the art and the role+story playing element the crossroad cards introduce. Unfortunately my game group doesn't like it and most of the times it's a drag to play. They forget to roll the red die when moving, or contributing to the crisis or food to the colony and they especially forget to take a crossroads card and I have to remind them of everything the entire time. It's not that they're not games...I mean we play Puerto Rico, Power Grid, Viticulture...mostly euro games. I don't like coop games because there's always someone telling the others what to do and I feel like I'm that person when playing DoW.

It's been almost a year since we played it, but I set it up last night and they begrudgingly played with, but it was again a drag.
At this point I'm thinking of just selling it, so it's not constantly in my face reminding me it doesn't get played. And no, I'm not so lucky to have multiple gaming groups or gamers at my disposal.

But the thing is, I've invested in this game and am wondering what it would be worth if I would sell it off.

I have:
- Base game
- All cards sleeved
- Broken Token insert
- Dice Tower promos
- Felicia Day promo x2 (one is still sealed)
- Roberta Plum promo x2 (one is still sealed)
- Kodiak Colby promo x2 (one is still sealed)
- Watch It Played Promos (Andrea, Luke and pledged for the upcoming Rodney promo)

Anyone any idea what I could sell this for, without losing too much money?

(if I ever do decide to sell, I will ofcourse do it through the geekmarket)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help you with pricing your DoW, but I can assure you that the alpha player problem with solve itself the day you backstab them.

Obviously DoW is not fitting with your gaming group. Perhaps you can bring it to a boardgaming meetup so that you can play it with other people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexFS wrote:
I can't help you with pricing your DoW, but I can assure you that the alpha player problem with solve itself the day you backstab them.

Obviously DoW is not fitting with your gaming group. Perhaps you can bring it to a boardgaming meetup so that you can play it with other people?

Therein lies my problem...I'm socially awkward and have OCD. I don't like taking my games out of the house and have complete strangers playing with my games. When I invite people over to my house, I can explain my "issues", but don't feel comfortable explaining myself at FLGS or game meetups. My friends know what I'm like, and thankfully accept me and my quirks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're all socially awkward and OCD to some degree. That's why we play board games rather than watch sports.

I'll bet you'd find that people at a local meet-up are much more accepting of that than you're expecting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I play board games and watch sports!

Have you already searched eBay to get an idea of what everything is worth? Don't expect to get the highest value you see listed; look at just completed searches for a more realistic price.

I'd say sell it if you're going to get a good return on it. You can always buy the game again (or the standalone expansion) if you find people who would enjoy playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to sell the duplicate promos I'd be interested in buying them off you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies.

I have decided I want to sell/trade DoW. I'll first try to do so as a complete set, or as base+insert and all the promos together, or just everything separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Domínguez
msg tools
Khonnor wrote:

I have decided I want to sell/trade DoW. I'll first try to do so as a complete set, or as base+insert and all the promos together, or just everything separately.

I might be interested in the lot if the price is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
x_chan wrote:
Khonnor wrote:

I might be interested in the lot if the price is right.

Feel free to make me an offer. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Seijuro
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shame your copy doesn't get played. From the sound of it, it's realy really cared for. Hope the price doesn't drop too low for you, but with the expansion/stand-alone, the market might get flooded with copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.