Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Memoir '44: Air Pack» Forums » General

Subject: Discontinued? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The website lists this expansion as Discontinued, which sounds like not only out of print but also with no intention to bring it back, does anyone have info about it? E.g. the reasons? It seems to have good reviews, and including all the summary cards makes it a set I'd really want to get...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as far as we all know it will not come back. I am not sure about the reasons, but I think the Air Pack was not THAT popular among the expansions and the others (like the Theater packs or the Terrain Pack) are much more successful and "useful".

Yes, you get all the summary cards in it, but I think if DoW ever brings back the cards as a standalone product, it would be just that - cards (perhaps for a cheaper price).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, never cared about the airplanes mechanisms as it felt tacked on in terms of scale. But all the cards are a thing I miss a great deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some rules summary card compendiums that can be printed out in the files section of Memoir 44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Air Pack has been out of print for several years.

For that matter, I am curios how many, but if any of the expansions will stay in print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Taber
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my RPG blog at http://www.usandacat.com/thelair!
badge
Work hard, play hard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristo nailed it...the cards are the part that will be missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.