Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

A common thing I've recently found in two biggies, Food Chain Magnate and Dominant Species is that in different ways you're in a world where you are creating your own demand to also supply yourself. I found that concept really nice to see, you're playing the entire process, not just flipping cards to fulfil etc.

Anything else meaty that gives that entire ecosystem feel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Arnold
Australia
Perth
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkwright, apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandora Caitiff
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Shafausa?

Players are both producers and consumers of resources; and both buying and selling prices fluctuate during the game (In the advanced rules, players can spend their cash to manipulate the market prices too)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
King Chocolate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would highly recommend Kraftwagen.

Superb game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad Math wrote:
I would highly recommend Kraftwagen.

Superb game.
I've had an eye out for a while. A view on it tended to be that it's *almost* as good as Automobile and pretty similar. If I spot it cheap I'd certainly grab it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DicingWithDearth wrote:
I've heard Heavy Cardboard love this, but other more mainstream gamers dismiss it as fine and kinda dull... really no idea what to make of that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
I've heard Heavy Cardboard love this, but other more mainstream gamers dismiss it as fine and kinda dull... really no idea what to make of that!

I think part of the problem is that it is aesthetically very dull. It has some really interesting mechanics though and the interplay of the supply/demand chain is quite novel - and somewhat like what you describe in the OP.

My review of it, if you're interested, is here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Allen
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wealth of Nations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about price setting games like Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King or Captains of Industry?

Also, when the reprint finally happens, check out Container

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Team D20 wrote:
What about price setting games like Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King or Captains of Industry?

Container certainly an immediate purchase when it's affordable again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Team D20 wrote:

Container certainly an immediate purchase when it's affordable again
Yeah, when that reprint happens it will sell like hotcakes. In the meantime, check out those other two games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gibbs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For creating/handling supply & demand:

Container - produce, transport, consume various anonymous goods.
Indonesia - produce goods, supplied cities grow to consume more goods, creating more demand
Roads & Boats - all about production, transportation, and consumption of goods, where you build both locations to produce & consume goods.
Wealth of Nations - various goods produced & needed by various players, with goods trade with other players, or a market, where supply & demand affects the pricing of goods in the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dagibbs wrote:
For creating/handling supply & demand:

Container - produce, transport, consume various anonymous goods.
Indonesia - produce goods, supplied cities grow to consume more goods, creating more demand
Roads & Boats - all about production, transportation, and consumption of goods, where you build both locations to produce & consume goods.
Wealth of Nations - various goods produced & needed by various players, with goods trade with other players, or a market, where supply & demand affects the pricing of goods in the market.

Roads and Boats will make it off of my top shelf one day. And one unplayed Splotter is probably enough for now! Will explore Wealth more though, ta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Grimes
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll drop an old school name: Executive Decision

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.