Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi

I played it yesterday for the first time. I like the game... but it felt a little bit confusing. Some of us found it difficult/stressful to always check which rocket goes where.

And if there are a lot of Astronauts in one region, you barely can count them correctly (the flags are irritating). If I'd buy the game, I maybe cut them off.

And it felt a little bit short. The "discovery" cards underneath the regions make a big difference. But you almost have not enough rounds to check them.

We were 6 players.

Similar experience anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ragaert
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. I find that I play the Scientist twice per game most times. It's a good card to start off with and get an extra mission card to earn extra points or put a discovery card somewhere to mess with people. I don't bother looking at other people's discovery cards. It's a game of chance as much as strategy and social deduction. You're nog going to find out what every discovery card says. So hedge your bets.

When it comes to counting the astronauts on the map; just bunch up the same colours in a region. You instantly see which player has most. Sometimes you have to do a bit of math but not enough to lead to AP, I find.

Your concern about which rocket goes where is something I haven't encountered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it can be difficult to link the name with where it is on the map. I feel like if they had used color or symbol coding, it would have helped a lot (although I'm sure it would look weird artistically). After a few plays, you begin to remember the location names, but it can still be tough for new players.

Flags are a bit annoying, too. More careful placement of pieces can reduce that effect.

The game itself is lots of fun, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.