Hide
10 Posts

Hurtgen: Hell's Forest» Forums » General

Subject: This and WaR II have been dust collecting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Both purchased as Pre-Orders at the same time - so newest boxed release on WaR II.

What do I need to do to catch up, component wise?

Errata counters?

Rules?

Charts?

Have any parts been republished?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rewritten and restructured rules and charts coming out in September. I'm not sure about errata counters. If you have the newer WaRII then you have the updated counters. If you have the first edition WaRII (which I have btw) then you can get some counters to update it. I don't know of any errata counters for Hurtgen.

Bottom line I'm playing both Hurtgen and AWII with the new rules as I am helping edit them. The games are much more accessible with the new version of rules and charts. It is the best operational system out there in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Will this rewrite be free to owners of the game(s) or will we be buying an upgrade kit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been told the new rules and charts will be a free download, pdf files. I took mine to kinkos and had the rules bound and the charts laminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
DG might want to look at products like BAR Primer, Operational Matters (Sicily II) and perhaps print a special WW Magazine with the new rules, charts and how to/strategy articles.

Just a thought.

What were your costs on the Kinko trip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good idea, I'm sure Doug Johnson will see this

I paid $40 to get 2 rulebooks done (AW and GOSS) and all the charts. I had the rules done on a little thicker paper and spiral bound with the a backing. Also used card stock on the charts and double side printed in color. I actually did not laminate them I put them in page protectors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Hudgens
msg tools
mb
Mike-

There _are_ errata counters for both of the 2012 games. Register them on DG's website to get the counters. (yes, even if you bought direct from DG, to make sure; iirc the registration page has a checkbox to request the counters. Be patient online, the website takes forever to load.) It wouldn't hurt to send them Email to make sure they know to send the counters and see whether the corrections are still available. The counters come with an errata sheet for the 2012 rules, including the specific ones. Joe has promised "finalized" seies rules coming this fall, and updated game specifics will follow that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
As Nolan said, contact DG for errata counters. There are errata counters that have been out for some time for both Wacht and Hurtgen. AW errata counters should be sent out soon.

The updated rules will be posted on line GOSS, Hurt, and AW first two weeks of Sept with Wacht following later that month or first week of October. Downloads will include updated charts also.

Plan is to put out players guide after first of year, with extensive examples which will also be posted on line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks guys.

Games Registered - email request sent.

Looking forward to the updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Operational Matters is a one off product - not a subscription thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.