Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this game after watching the jPlay video series, mainly for its solo variant. Like the video reviewer, I am finding the solo variant in the rules a bit too easy. So I have added my own wrinkle by rolling the d3 at the end of each turn and eliminating that many citizens. I'll see how it goes after all 8 turns.

Anyone else have idea on this?

FYI - I feel like it is definitely worth the $17 I spent to get it via Amazon Prime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy should get to me by the end of the week. I think it's cool that this game seems to be getting some attention of late.

I recall JPlay was using his own variant, perhaps similar to your idea? I didn't quite understand it because I'm not clear on the game rules yet.

I'd certainly like a good challenge as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He was picking beads out of a cup for each unexplored dungeon as I recall. There were 10 white and 5 red beads, white eliminating 1 and red 2 citizens.

I find rolling a die a bit simpler.

I've been lucky in drawing some great hero and equipment combos. The general flow seems to be to spend the early turns building up a strong group of heroes, and then when the gold begins to flow buying buildings and actions that allow you to earn blue cubes in ways other than dungeons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Cotton
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
Where can I download the rules for the Solo Variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.