Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played with only special bad guy roles (Oberon, Morgana and Mordred) and no Assassin role card? Just want to include as much of the game as possible for a 7 or 8 player game.

I was thinking the bad guys could make a group decision on who is Merlin or maybe have Oberon or Morgana be the end game assassin.

What have you done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we've done this. We usually give Morgana (False Commander) the assassin ability if we want to include more characters. Other player on here have said they have done it too - I think it was a post by clydeiii which gave me the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
In our games, if the Assassin is not in play, Mordred is the assassin. If Mordred is not in play, then Morgana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
Yes, we've done this. We usually give Morgana (False Commander) the assassin ability if we want to include more characters. Other player on here have said they have done it too - I think it was a post by clydeiii which gave me the idea.

We also just give Assassin power to Mordred or Morgana if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
O good, I'm glad this isn't a weird thing.

I thought of Oberon in my original post, but why would you pick Mordred or Morgana instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordred tries to stay hidden from Merlin while Mordred tries to find Merlin.

Morgana tries to look like Merlin while trying to find Merlin.

Everyone is a potential Merlin to Oberon, which favors the loyal side, and how can Oberon discuss with the evil players when he doesn't know who they are...

But, you set the balance according to your group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
achasteen wrote:
O good, I'm glad this isn't a weird thing.

I thought of Oberon in my original post, but why would you pick Mordred or Morgana instead?
Oberon is kind of "dumb" so making him be the killer isn't as interesting from a game perspective as making it Morgana. After all, if Morgana's job is to act like Merlin, then why not also make her job be to try to notice for people acting like her, and for one player (Percy) trying to decide between herself and another player?

Plus if you give it to Morgy, you let Oberon get into a claim war with rebels at the end of the game, and that's always a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
But, you set the balance according to your group.

That's a good point, which might be why my thinking was different. The evil side always wins when I play. Also I was wondering which assassin would make the Lady of the Lake most useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.