$30.00
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of getting this plus the base game (the Essentials Edition is what I can get hold of). I notice there's loads in the original Tuscany, some of which is in the Essentials Base game and some of which is in here. Does this cover pretty much everything remaining, or is there still stuff from original Tuscany that I wouldn't want to miss out on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey Stegmaier posted a picture of the breakdown of which modules from Tuscany are in the Essential Editions.

Edit: There's one difference with the special workers though. In the original Tuscany, there was a different meeple to represent each of the special workers. In Tuscany EE, there are only 2 different meeples for the special workers, with 2 in a generic color to use to mark which special worker each meeple represents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks - sorry, running on limited time here so thought it would be quicker to ask.

Any particular thoughts on the stuff that's in the main Tuscany only (Formaggio, Patronage, Mafia, Arboriculture) - nice to haves and only "essential" if you play the game a lot? Reading through the entry here for it ATM, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask in parallel.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the Viticulture yet, but I'm planning to get the Viticulture and Tuscany Essential Editions. From what I've read, the stuff left out is the least popular stuff from Tuscany. I watched a couple review of Tuscany, and Mafia and Patronage did not interest me at all. Arboriculture and Formaggio did sound interesting to me, but I could also see them making the game more complex than it needs to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers, yes - that's what I was just about to post back (I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzm0xWO7Du8 )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
I haven't played the Viticulture yet, but I'm planning to get the Viticulture and Tuscany Essential Editions. From what I've read, the stuff left out is the least popular stuff from Tuscany. I watched a couple review of Tuscany, and Mafia and Patronage did not interest me at all. Arboriculture and Formaggio did sound interesting to me, but I could also see them making the game more complex than it needs to be.

This is about where I am at. Mafia & Patronage do sound the weakest of the modules & I'm not terribly interested. Formaggio and Arboriculture I am quite interested in--so I bought those through Stonemaier's a la carte system. The extra workers--while custom meeples would be cool--seems like the reduce component count is worthwhile streamlining of the product. So I am now anxiously awaiting T:EE to be released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kuhn
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I really want out of T:EE is the matte extended board. I would buy that if available a la carte.

I'm glad I have full Tuscany, but I do agree that I doubt we will ever use Patronage or Mafia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
Ah, thanks - sorry, running on limited time here so thought it would be quicker to ask.

Any particular thoughts on the stuff that's in the main Tuscany only (Formaggio, Patronage, Mafia, Arboriculture) - nice to haves and only "essential" if you play the game a lot? Reading through the entry here for it ATM, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask in parallel.

Cheers

Personally it was the inclusion of those items, in the original Tuscany, that made me not want to buy it. The elements I was interested in, that weren't already part of the Essential Edition, were too small to justify the price. That is why I'm so excited for the Essential Edition of Tuscany as it has the exact elements I was interested in only, and as such at a reduced cost.

Having watched the Miami Dice, Dice Tower video on the original Tuscany I decided that I wasn't interested in those other elements. For me, I felt that added too much, and diluted the joy of just running a vineyard. YMMV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Mesnar
United States
Valencia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I own the V:EE, and Tuscany. I guess my thoughts are is it even worth purchasing T:EE and just selling or trading off my original version of Tuscany?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.