Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabrio Rossi
Italy
Campagnola di Zevio
Verona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

yesterday we tried the new hero magistra kuwanyauma and Jolanka Kardhordo in the Calendar of the Ancents Location against the encamped Gape of hell..devil
and a few questions occurred:

1) i know that the "while remaining" reactions and maneuvres cannot be used the turn you play the card.. what about the "while remaining" spellcasting? can i generate mana if i just played the card with the spellcasting ability?

2) if i get to might 3 playing some cards and then i play an action that says "make a might 1 attack (melee)" this out-of-attack-phase attack will be might 3 or i must consider that is a might 1 for default?

3) we found a card (magistra kuwanyauma) that says: "While in hand: Generate (mana) to defend a player". how does it work? do i have to reveal it for defend someone? cause i think i don't have to discard it, so i can use it multiple times in that turn if i have enough mana..

Thanksss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabrio87 wrote:
Hi,

yesterday we tried the new hero magistra kuwanyauma and Jolanka Kardhordo in the Calendar of the Ancents Location against the encamped Gape of hell..devil
and a few questions occurred:

1) i know that the "while remaining" reactions and maneuvres cannot be used the turn you play the card.. what about the "while remaining" spellcasting? can i generate mana if i just played the card with the spellcasting ability?

Not the designer, but... I'll take a whack at these

I play that the same as a reaction or maneuvre -- it cannot generate mana the same turn you play it. Thematically I think it fits with Kuwanyauma's lore -- as an earth mage, her magic is a slow, building kind of thing. It makes sense that she'd need to prepare her mana in advance.

Gabrio87 wrote:

2) if i get to might 3 playing some cards and then i play an action that says "make a might 1 attack (melee)" this out-of-attack-phase attack will be might 3 or i must consider that is a might 1 for default?

This is ambiguous in the rules. Page 13 says:

Rules, page 13 wrote:

Sometimes you can make more than one
attack in this phase. In this case, you can
choose which attack icon to use for each attack,
even if the icon you want to use was on a
different card. For example, if Zsuzsa
Slatewalker plays ‘Night Daggers’ (mêlée, you
may make 2 attacks this turn) and ‘Shortbow’
(ranged), she can make two ranged attacks, two
mêlée attacks or one of each as she chooses.

Bonuses to Might apply for only 1 attack each,
but you can choose how to apply them. Fully
resolve the first attack before making the next.
If you played a card that gives you Might 2
and a mêlée attack, and you also played a card
that allows you a ranged attack, you can make
a Might 2 ranged or mêlée attack.

It's not quite as well defined as it could be. But my interpretation of the second paragraph there means that your extra attack would be a Might 1 attack.

Gabrio87 wrote:

3) we found a card (magistra kuwanyauma) that says: "While in hand: Generate (mana) to defend a player". how does it work? do i have to reveal it for defend someone? cause i think i don't have to discard it, so i can use it multiple times in that turn if i have enough mana..

Thanksss

I interpret this just like you do -- since the effect doesn't say discard, banish, or trash it, it remains in your hand. There are a couple other cards with similar effects IIRC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabrio Rossi
Italy
Campagnola di Zevio
Verona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gatesphere wrote:

I play that the same as a reaction or maneuvre -- it cannot generate mana the same turn you play it. Thematically I think it fits with Kuwanyauma's lore -- as an earth mage, her magic is a slow, building kind of thing. It makes sense that she'd need to prepare her mana in advance.

i thought it different, thematically you prepare yourself for a reaction and it requires time, instead, while you cast a spell you can use a spellcasting ability losing all the other effect....dunno

gatesphere wrote:
It's not quite as well defined as it could be. But my interpretation of the second paragraph there means that your extra attack would be a Might 1 attack.

that paragraph talk about multiple attacks in the attack step :S

gatesphere wrote:
I interpret this just like you do -- since the effect doesn't say discard, banish, or trash it, it remains in your hand. There are a couple other cards with similar effects IIRC.

completely agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wright
United Kingdom
Bedworth
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabrio87 wrote:

It's intended that you can use them to generate mana even on the turn you play them (meaning that you can even cycle through and use them multiple times in a single turn). The delay is on the Rude Aquakening card, and that's enough of a limiting factor.

It's specifically:
While Remaining: Manoeuvre
While Remaining: Reaction
that have 'not same turn' limitation; anything else that appears in While Remaining takes effect as soon as the card is played.

But of course, with every other rules detail you're at liberty to play it however you want, if you think Kuwanyauma is too strong, make her warm up a little more.

Quote:

I don't have the page number to hand right now (just got back from a convention and am somewhat addled) but this should be covered by the rules governing attacks made in the Action Step - they cannot have their Might changed by any means (Except those few cards with variable Might on the card itself). If this isn't clear, I'll need to fix that.

Quote:

Yes, as you don't get rid of the card you can keep defending with the mana you have available. Explicit 'reveal' text generally occurs in competitive games, where you need to justify what you're doing to your opponents. As Bulwark is co-op, I decided to buck the trend and leave out explicit reveal text. Probably unwisely, in hindsight.

Hope this clears everything up!

Cheers,

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.