63 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone in the US receive their copy yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Ortiz
msg tools
I'm just curious if anyone has received their copy yet. I heard it may be as late as August time frame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it looks to be early August delivery for most or all of us in the US.

I feel pretty confident you will see people posting when it starts arriving. There is a lot of discussion of timeframes in the "Finally Shipping Update" thread right at the top of the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
According to CMON on the kickstarter page, the first ship headed for the US won't arrive until August 4. It then has to go through customs and all that jazz. No one in the US is going to be getting their game before mid August or so.

I really wish that CMON would stop saying that something was "shipping", when what they meant was that it is on the boat on the other side of the world. I understand that it is correct to say that (and that it is in fact on a ship), but it really confuses a lot of people. They really should say something like "leaving china on the ship", or something else like that, so that everyone understands. When they say "All the packages for east coast backers have already been shipped", it makes it sound like the games will be arriving on doorsteps this week. So much of the nastyness directed towards CMON would go away if they would just be more clear on what is actually happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
The first boat (MAERSK SEVILLE) is scheduled to port in NYC tomorrow. A shame it has to go all the way to Atlanta, would be such a short trip from NYC to me in Vermont.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RI just a hop, skip, and a jump too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
lordnine wrote:
The first boat (MAERSK SEVILLE) is scheduled to port in NYC tomorrow. A shame it has to go all the way to Atlanta, would be such a short trip from NYC to me in Vermont.

Agreed. Us Vermonters should head down to NY and see if we can convince them to skip the detour arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Bolinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
not_a_cylon wrote:

Agreed. Us Vermonters should head down to NY and see if we can convince them to skip the detour arrrh

Seems a bit "GREEDY". shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo Woo don't care either way I'll be posting this killa when it gets in!

Life is great until the apocalypse then life is hella lotta betta!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably since we are LUSTing for it. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markblasco wrote:
According to CMON on the kickstarter page, the first ship headed for the US won't arrive until August 4. It then has to go through customs and all that jazz. No one in the US is going to be getting their game before mid August or so.

I really wish that CMON would stop saying that something was "shipping", when what they meant was that it is on the boat on the other side of the world. I understand that it is correct to say that (and that it is in fact on a ship), but it really confuses a lot of people. They really should say something like "leaving china on the ship", or something else like that, so that everyone understands. When they say "All the packages for east coast backers have already been shipped", it makes it sound like the games will be arriving on doorsteps this week. So much of the nastyness directed towards CMON would go away if they would just be more clear on what is actually happening.

Yeah it's been really strange to see people respond to CMON saying it's on the boat, by asking for tracking numbers and thinking it's expected at their house in days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People shouldn't back kickstarter projects. It's just not their thing yet they keep doing it. I have 2 failed projects under my account and I just shrugged it off. Lost $120 but I had the money to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Ortiz
msg tools
Wikiro wrote:
People shouldn't back kickstarter projects. It's just not their thing yet they keep doing it. I have 2 failed projects under my account and I just shrugged it off. Lost $120 but I had the money to do that.

So you didn't get a refund when the project failed? Having the money or not that seems crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Felts
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dodgerjunkie wrote:
Wikiro wrote:

So you didn't get a refund when the project failed? Having the money or not that seems crazy.

If the Kickstarter is successfully funded the money is transferred...if the creators fail to deliver there is little to no recourse to get your money back.

I have one or two that are several years overdue and I doubt I will get anything from them.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Corley
United States
New London
NH
flag msg tools
NH Here....I'm in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordnine wrote:

I hear you. I'm in New Jersey myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dodgerjunkie wrote:
Wikiro wrote:

That is the way of Kickstarter. It's not a pre-order program no matter how some companies use it. It's a game to take a risk investing in someone's idea or dream. If you invested in someone's company and that company went under, you wouldn't be compensated either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON I take more risk than usual because they have an amazing track record of quality service. Relic and Sedition Wars being their only blemish. Greater Than Games has also earned my support as well as stonemier and Red Raven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Ortiz
msg tools
I have an unused box of sedition wars.... should I even worry about it? Having to assemble minis really put me off

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They fixed the rules to sedition wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just used vesselfinder to look up MAERSK SEVILLE, DUCK HUNTER, and CMA CGM DALILA.

Maersk Seville is currently en route to Miami, FL so it would appear that it has made it's deliveries to Savannah on time.

Duck Hunter is currently en route to New York, NY and expected to arrive today around 1500 UTC which is 1000 EST. So it looks to be on schedule for it's July 31 arrival in Savannah.

CMA CGM Dalila is currently en route to Halifax, expected to arrive 1500 UTC which is again 1000 EST. And again, the ship looks to be on schedule for its August 16 arrival in Savannah.

My guess is US backers will likely start receiving packages sometime on or around August 14. With all packages from all US shipments likely received by September 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dodgerjunkie wrote:
I have an unused box of sedition wars.... should I even worry about it? Having to assemble minis really put me off

Sedition Wars is a great game... Killed by bad publicity...

I was really looking forward to the next expansion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
morris9597 wrote:
Maersk Seville is currently en route to Miami, FL so it would appear that it has made it's deliveries to Savannah on time.

Wouldn't Miami's delivery come before Savannah? Savannah is on the Gulf of Mexico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
morris9597 wrote:

Wouldn't Miami's delivery come before Savannah? Savannah is on the Gulf of Mexico.

Not sure what Savannah you're speaking of, but as the CMoN warehouse is in Atlanta, GA I would assume that they are talking about Savannah, GA which is on the Atlantic coast. It is quite a distance north of Miami though.

I know there are lots of cities that are duplicated in name, such as Philadelphia, MO and Philadelphia, PA. Is there more than one Savannah?

EDIT: Just looked at the map again and Miami does not straddle the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico. I have corrected my original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I look at my CKPM pledge for 7 Sins it now reads above the address line:

"Shipping has commenced, and your address may not be altered at this time."

Almost positive it did not say this as of a week ago.

No tracking number yet, but for every CKPM delivery I've ever gotten the tracking came AFTER I received the package.

I'm in Los Angeles, CA btw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trilamb wrote:
When I look at my CKPM pledge for 7 Sins it now reads above the address line:

"Shipping has commenced, and your address may not be altered at this time."

Almost positive it did not say this as of a week ago.

No tracking number yet, but for every CKPM delivery I've ever gotten the tracking came AFTER I received the package.

I'm in Los Angeles, CA btw

Hopefully that means all the east coast purchases are already en route to our homes. Considering they were shipped out first for the US.

EDIT: Context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.