$20.00
Joey Joe Joe
msg tools
mbmbmb
I only have the Core Set, can I play and enjoy this expansion only with those cards?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play? Yes. Technically you have all the cards required to play the game.

Enjoy? Well...maybe lol. It'll be really, really hard to win. Play on easy mode for sure. But yeah you can certainly play these quests and use the new player cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's going to be brutal, and probably not very fun. There aren't many different viable decks you can build with the Core Cards. However, you will have new player cards to tackle the Core quests with too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes you can

as an experiment

i played 1 core + X big box exp only (no other cards, no card for other big boxes, no other cores. and no cycle cards..) and worked though each big box in this way

and it work ok very well..played each big box on its own with a core up to the current seafaring box.

i'm a terrible player but i won most on easy mode

also i was duel handed with 2 mixed decks of 30 cards

usually swoping out the base cards with the box X cards.

e.g the seafaring quest really needs the new cards as they tened to let you use the boat and quest at the same time.

i forget the nuances of this box though

only box ive not beaten this way is heirs of neumenor

overall it gave me a great understanding of the core cards and really pushing them to the limits
and what the new cards brought and the kinda decks they hinted it
and its still my favourite way to play to be honest

also played some with the back to basics solo deck on easy to with some successes

i'll leave it to a better player to see if its possible on normal but i think it will be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good point. Stick to less than 50 card decks until you can get to the point where you don't have to include cards you really don't like in order to get to 50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.