Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all information i gathered watching the video down at the bottom of this post.
Be aware that this will most likely not correct, since i don't speak french at all and i had to use the Auto-Subtitles-translating Function. And even if i'm correct this still might be subject to changes i guess^^

Princess: HP 2
a lucky charm: defeating 2, 4, 6 (skeletons, Vampires, the Lich) -> All the even numbers, being equal to the holy grail
and a collar for the dragon (don't really know if it's hers)

Ninja: HP 3
a Katana defeating 7 & 9 (the deamon and the dragon)
a Ninja star defeating 4 (vampires)

Necromant: HP 2
a necromancer stone: affecting 1, 3 (goblins and orks
a necromancer staff: defeating 4 (vampires)

Bard (?): HP 3
Hat: +2HP
Chainmail: +5HP
a Harf
a Flute defeating 1 (goblins)
a Sword I think defeating 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 [all odd numbers](goblins, orks, golems, the deamon and the dragon)

Remember these cards are not actually shown, i deducted them from the icons on the Monster cards

Monsters:

The base monsters stay the same, on the same lvl. Just the artwork seems to change:
The goblin is now female
The skeleton has a crosbow and so on...

There are new ones: a fairy with str 0, a Werewolf, a trap treasure chest (with teeth and stuff ready to bite you), a gel cube, a shapeshifter and a gentleman like Vampire (i guess) with 4 or 9 str.
All of these seem to operate outside of the normal str. scheme, with special abilities depending on what equipment you have or in which place they were drawn.
The shapeshifter is maybe as strong as the number of Monster card drawn before him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, good job! You're super close to the official text on all of these.

Princess: HP 2
Mr. Charm: HP+5
Chaperon: HP+3
Greatsword: Before entering the Dungeon, another player chooses a Monster with strength 5, 6, or 7 which you then defeat.
Dragon Leash: Defeat the Dragon and the next Monster.
Family Crown: Reduce all damage by 2.
Royal Scepter: Defeat the second Monster of each kind.

Ninja: HP 3
Curative Herbs: HP+3
Weird Concoction: HP+5
Wooden Shuriken: Defeat Vampires.
Smoke Bomb: Defeat one Monster, then discard a different Equipment tile.
Ninjato: Defeat Monsters with strength 7 or greater.
Shinobi Gear: If your HP is less than 5, defeat Monsters with strength 1, 3, and 5.

Necromancer: HP 2
Bloody Wand: Defeat Vampires. Add their strength to your HP.
Dark Stone: Defeat Monsters with strength 1 and 3.
Evil Cloak: HP+3
Possession Scroll: Defeat one Monster. Add their total strength to your HP.
Reanimation Bones: When you die, come back to life with 1 HP if your HP was 2 or greater.
Zombie Pet: HP+6

Bard: HP 3
Lucky Coin: Defeat an even-strength Monster. If the next Monster is even, repeat the process.
Elvish Harp: If your HP is less than 5, odd-strength Monsters deal 1 damage and even-strength Monsters deal 2.
Glamorous Tunic: HP+5
Fancy Hat: HP+2
Charming Flute: Defeat Goblins. For each defeated this way, reduce all damage by 1.
Dancing Blade: Defeat one odd-strength Monster.

Special Monsters:
Fairy: has a strength of 0 and is considered to be an even-strength Monster. She has no effect.
Ally: has no strength (and is therefore neither even- nor odd-strength), but he allows you to ignore the next Monster in the Dungeon.
Mimic: has a strength equal to the number of Equipment tiles you still have when you face it in the Dungeon.
Gelatinous Cube: has no strength, but instead makes you discard an Equipment tile of your choice.
The Count: becomes a Vampire with strength 4 if you don't have a Success card. Loses his Vampire identity and gains a strength of 8 if you already have a Success card.
Shapeshifter: takes on strength equal to its position in the Dungeon (if it's the 4th Monster you face = strength 4) AND the identity of the corresponding Monster (if it's the 4th Monster you face, becomes a Vampire with strength 4).

If you have any questions about any of these items/Monsters, let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thank you for revealing this! meeple

I missinterpreted some of them, especially the "defeat any odd numbered Monster"-Sword^^ Had to be weaker than this
I do have a few questions for a better understanding, though
Quote:
Greatsword: Before entering the Dungeon, another player chooses a Monster with strength 5, 6, or 7 which you then defeat.
This seems a little weak, the other player could easily choose a 6 or 7 he himself discarded...But propably she is balanced with the other strong equipments.
Quote:
Is this multiple use? Can i defeat serveral monsters as long as i can discard other items?
Quote:
This includes the Count if you have a sucess card, right? (if so it was missing on the counts card in the video )
Quote:
This seems rather strong. Is this a choose beforehand card or can you actually defeat any one monster while in the dungeon?

The mimic does not take the Identity of the corresponding monster i guess.

I really like the Luky coin, this will be fun Am i right that you don't have to use it on the first even-strength Monster?

Is there an release date for Germany yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
Quote:
This seems a little weak, the other player could easily choose a 6 or 7 he himself discarded...But propably she is balanced with the other strong equipments.

The player you choose can also be one that is eliminated from the game. Part of the strategy is choosing the "other player" wisely

Quote:
Quote:
Is this multiple use? Can i defeat serveral monsters as long as i can discard other items?

Yes, it a multiple use item. However, if the Smoke Bomb is the only equipment left with your Adventurer, you can't use it any longer.

Quote:
Quote:
This includes the Count if you have a sucess card, right? (if so it was missing on the counts card in the video )

It does include the Count!

Quote:
Quote:
This seems rather strong. Is this a choose beforehand card or can you actually defeat any one monster while in the dungeon?

You know, that is a good question that I don't know the answer to! I've asked my teammates to see what they/the designers had in mind.

Quote:
I really like the Luky coin, this will be fun Am i right that you don't have to use it on the first even-strength Monster?

Correct, you can choose on which even-strength Monsters to use the Lucky Coin.

Quote:

I'm not sure of any EU release dates. That is more a question for
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
Quote:
No, you choose when you reveal a monster.
Heisenbrain wrote:
The game should be released in Europe for SPIEL'16, in October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all this equipment discarding, can I discard a piece of "one-time" equipment I have already used, or do they automatically get discarded when they effect have been triggered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agner wrote:
With all this equipment discarding, can I discard a piece of "one-time" equipment I have already used, or do they automatically get discarded when they effect have been triggered?
No, those are immediately discarded when used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Agner wrote:
No, those are immediately discarded when used.

What about those HP items? The Ninja got 11HP total (3+3+5), if he goes down to 8, can he then discard the 3HP Curative Herbs without getting down to 5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
What about those HP items? The Ninja got 11HP total (3+3+5), if he goes down to 8, can he then discard the 3HP Curative Herbs without getting down to 5?
You discard shields and armors as soon as you lost as many HP, starting with the smaller item.
So the Ninja would lose the Curative Herb as soon as his HP are down to 8.
But if he has 9 HP left and chooses to use the Smoke Bomb on the Herbs, he'd drop to 8 (not 6!). The item lost HP before, not the Hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for asking yet another question
This seems to be compatible to the "old" Welcome to the Dungeon.
Items like the Ring of Power or the Torch state defeat Monsters Str. 2/3 or less.
They defeat Monsters with Str 0 (thats only the fairy^^) Do they defeat Monsters without strength? Like the Gelatinous Cube, or do you still have to discard an item? Btw. What if you can't discard an item, because they are all gone? Have you lost the dungeon, or do you just ignore the Cube?
Quote:
Royal Scepter: Defeat the second Monster of each kind.

Is this meant to be restricted to the second Monster, or is the third also defeated this way? (You can get 3 of a kind now, through the shapeshifter and the Count (actually you can even have 4 Vampires max.))

This excludes the Mimic i assume, because it gets only the strength of your items, not the corresponding identity.

And final question, does the shapeshifter get stronger than the Dragon eventually? If he is on position 10 or up?

Thank you very much for your time, as you can maybe tell i'm already hyped for this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Bitsch
France
flag msg tools
Mattintheweb wrote:
Alflex wrote:
Possession scroll
The english tile says : "Defeat one Monster. Add their total strenght to your HP".
The french tile says : "Defeat one Monster. Swap your HP for their total strenght".
Which has the good effect ?
It's SWAP!

Heisenbrain wrote:

Is this meant to be restricted to the second Monster, or is the third also defeated this way? (You can get 3 of a kind now, through the shapeshifter and the Count (actually you can even have 4 Vampires max.))

The french rulebook says that the third (or more) is also defeated ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HelloIm Mazmo
msg tools
This will look like an odd question but...

Is this better than the original ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am kinda wondering about the combining of the games.

Are there going to be special scenario's?

I could imagine ... the possibility of sending in like 2 heroes into the dungeon. Since there is like double the amount of monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Velorian wrote:

I could imagine ... the possibility of sending in like 2 heroes into the dungeon. Since there is like double the amount of monsters.

Since there is only one marker to keep track of health I do not think this will be the case.

As far as I know there will be 2 modes with/without special monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D
msg tools
mb

Played this version of the game a lot the last couple weeks, personally I prefer most of the Hero's in this game to the last.

The effects of some of the equipment do seem OP and gaming winning should you go into the dungeon with them but I think they're all balanced.

This game is all about bluffing and pushing your luck, you can't guarentee you'll step out alive even with the Hero's most powerful equipment.

After seeing something like the Possession Scroll or Smoke Bomb being used it's easy to say 'Broken' 'Too Powerful' but they don't always work let always to your advantage. I've seen people drain a Golem with Possession Scroll and then take a hit from a dragon then lose, you can't predict the card order completely.

It's all fun and for me and the team I play with it's a totally well balanced game. I would say a lot more enjoyable than the first due to the Bard and Ninja's 'Less than 5 HP' items they hold. This add's more calculation to the game, everyone likes a good brain buster.

Maybe if the Mage wasn't such a wet blanket in the first game I may like them both equally... but that's just what wet blankets do haha!!

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
Velorian wrote:

Combining the sets simply lets you bring all 8 classes to the game and choose among them each dungeon. The 2nd game gives you some special monsters to include (optional) and a health tracking board & token.

I like the diversity of having 8 classes along with the hp tracker and special creatures.

The real question would be if you bought Welcome Back to the Dungeon, is it worth it to buy the original? The answer would depend upon whether you wanted the 4 classes it brings. That's all you gain from buying it (it's worth it, IMO, for the variety).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the Ninja: Was there a final ruling about the Smoke Bomb and how it's supposed to interact with +HP equipment? There's confusion in another thread about the intended interaction.

I.e., does the above ruling in this thread stand - which involves discarding completely used armor (which means it's already gone and can't be discarded to Smoke Bomb) and keeping track of partly used armor - or did the Iello rep withdraw the ruling in the other (later) thread and make Smoke Bomb work like Gelatinous Cube? Or something else?

Edit: I've moved these questions to another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.