$20.00
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh,

I stumbled into a few references to Heirs of Blood coming in the core box as of half a year back, but have been unable to find more than forum chatter to substantiate this.

I have no doubt those commentaries were factual for the time, but does anybody know if this is still the case?

If so, I'll have to cancel a rather large order so as to not repurchase what might already be coming in my core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! I believe it even says as much on the box.

Edit: What would have to cancel? I thought the only difference between old and recent core games is the campaign book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
JPN38 wrote:
[...]
Edit: What would have to cancel? I thought the only difference between old and recent core games is the campaign book.

He probably has purchased both the new reprint of the core box and the Heirs of Blood hardcover campaign book. In that case he would have a duplication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
JPN38 wrote:
[...]

He probably has purchased both the new reprint of the core box and the Heirs of Blood hardcover campaign book. In that case he would have a duplication.

Precisely. $250 order cancelled (and now delayed on repurchase until they refund me) because I included an $18 hard cover Heir quest book thinking it wasn't included.

I found the original quest book online. I take it Heir is a significant improvement, yeah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
[...]
I found the original quest book online. I take it Heir is a significant improvement, yeah?

I still have to play it, but the consensus is that yes, Heirs of Blood is a better-thought campaign, more balanced and that leverages the experience accumulated since Descent 2E hit the public.

P.S.: I've read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that FFG intended to develop a refurbished version of The Shadow Rune campaign in hard cover. I have no real information about this rumor, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
JPN38 wrote:
[...]

Ah! That makes sense. But I bet he could sell the extra campaign book pretty easily. To me, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:
JPN38 wrote:
[...]

Precisely. $250 order cancelled (and now delayed on repurchase until they refund me) because I included an $18 hard cover Heir quest book thinking it wasn't included.

You had to cancel the whole thing? They couldn't just take out the one item? Who was this, because i know you can call CSI and they'll let you do whatever you want to an order that hasn't shipped yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:
[...]

I still have to play it, but the consensus is that yes, Heirs of Blood is a better-thought campaign, more balanced and that leverages the experience accumulated since Descent 2E hit the public.

P.S.: I've read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that FFG intended to develop a refurbished version of The Shadow Rune campaign in hard cover. I have no real information about this rumor, however.

I have play both (both as OL) and imo heirs is absolutely amazing. No only improve in gameplay, but the way the link the campaign was great. As the OL I was the only one that knew the story behind it (kind of DM) and the heroes were really pleased to have consequence ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
18 bucks is worth it for a nice hardcover version of the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:

You had to cancel the whole thing? They couldn't just take out the one item? Who was this, because i know you can call CSI and they'll let you do whatever you want to an order that hasn't shipped yet?

Miniture Market.

That said, I can't rule out the fact the customer service rep I spoke to on the phone was just being lazy. e.g. After canceling, I noticed Shadows of Nerekhall was out on the site. Thinking this might have something to do with my order (only 3 were left when I made it originally), I called their CS line and was told "yes, there is a copy still in limbo, and if you subscribe to the game, you'll get an email when it re-enters stock -- likely tomorrow morning." I went about my day for an hour or so thinking that was the best they could do, but called back on a curiosity to see if they could expedite the process through the back-end. Turns out they could.. why they didn't suggest that in the first place is beyond me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Void Null
msg tools
The hardcover of Heirs of blood comes with a ton of beautiful art and flavor text/storiez. Im not sure how much of that will be in the soft cover box inclusion but they really went all out on it. Can anyone confirm if the in box version has the "Concerning the corruption and peril of man" story and all the 11 pages of gorgeous art and background?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voidofopinion wrote:
The hardcover of Heirs of blood comes with a ton of beautiful art and flavor text/storiez. Im not sure how much of that will be in the soft cover box inclusion but they really went all out on it. Can anyone confirm if the in box version has the "Concerning the corruption and peril of man" story and all the 11 pages of gorgeous art and background?

Yeah, it's there.

I always thought it was weird how FFG just quietly swapped out the core box campaign with no announcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristabelle Du Bast
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JPN38 wrote:

can anyone tell me exactly where it says on the box please. I want to order it but be sure I get the updated campaign. Wouldn't mind it second hand but might be scarcer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristabelle wrote:
JPN38 wrote:

can anyone tell me exactly where it says on the box please. I want to order it but be sure I get the updated campaign. Wouldn't mind it second hand but might be scarcer.

It's on the back of the box, in the bottom right corner above the UPC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristabelle Du Bast
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks Sean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mb
The only problem I have with the Heirs Of Blood campaign are the lieutenant minis Merick and Eliza Farrow. They are so tiny, they're almost not-to-scale even with the base game heroes! It looks like I'm fighting vampire children, when they're placed against the newer heroes.

And because they're so tiny, their sculpts are lackluster too. They're the only lieutenants I seriously want to use proxies for, even though I have the official minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe see if the 1st Ed metal minis are a different size? It's the same sculpt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.