Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Nowak
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello everyone. Has anyone had any experience with Battlefoam or something similar for STAW? I have a large collection of ships (~130) plus 4 Planos of movement templates, wooden cubes, and other assorted bits (I don't use the cards) that I'd like to store as well. Battlefoam offers something called the PACK system which seems ideal for both storage and transport to conventions.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plano does seem to be the solution of choice. I've found that when you have a very large collection, they make these awesome canvas/duffel bag type cases that hold like 6-8 of the largest trays in them. Don't have an image to post, but they are easy enough to find. A few of my friends that have every ship in the game use those for storage. They even have a section on the top that can hold one or two of the smaller plano boxes for tokens and things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Sullivan
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have one of the Plano soft-sided bags and I love it. It comes with a bunch of the clear plastic organizer cases. I swapped two of the regular sized ones out for one that I found that was double-tall and use that for all the ship models. I then have one per faction for the dials, ship cards, & captain tokens. Finally one box with all the stuff you need to play..tokens, sticks, damage deck, etc.

With it being the soft-sided bag, you can have a lot of freedom to do other things with the clear organizer cases. If and when my collection gets bigger I can just buy more boxes and then swap out the boxes I want to bring with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Martins
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a smaller Plano box. One that you need to flip over to get to the other side. I was wondering how well the ships fit in the 1374 box. The clear boxes looked a little flat to me in the pictures. But, if you're happy with it I may grab this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a 1374 for a pretty extensive collection, but the larger ships like the borg tactical cube, the sphere, and the Weapon Zero don't easily fit except up top and I have other stuff in there (instruction manuals, planets, objective tokens, etc.). Also I have the cards in about 7 binders which fit the sleeved cards. It's a ... well... you know to carry around. I use a portable dolly to do that and a strap to secure the box to the dolly. The binders are flexible and ride on top. It works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ray
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I'd steer clear of the high dollar systems designed for fragile metal miniatures.
I use Plano Double Cover Two Sided Tackle Organizer from Amazon for my main factions and a combo of Bulldog Hardware Organizer and Plano 3750 from Wal-Mart for the other factions. The Bulldog even holds the Borg Tactical cube. I use Plano 3750 along with it to sort the cardboard bits. I have over 250 ships and this seems to work pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.