Subject: Landing check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marijn cromheecke
Belgium
Klerken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I'm reading the rules I have a question regarding the landing check.
Can a unit be hit multiple times, for example if it gets drifted to the next box en gets hit there too?
In other words, are landing cards resolved from left to right or simultaneously?

Thx, Marijn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trivium wrote:
As I'm reading the rules I have a question regarding the landing check.
Can a unit be hit multiple times, for example if it gets drifted to the next box en gets hit there too?
In other words, are landing cards resolved from left to right or simultaneously?

Thx, Marijn

I think both things apply, the drift then the hit (as it enters the next box).

The landing stage is pretty brutal. Hence, why I think both apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

It's true a unit can be hit and also drift, but I believe the question was if a unit can be hit and/or drift more than once, which it can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marijn cromheecke
Belgium
Klerken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brastias wrote:

It's true a unit can be hit and also drift, but I believe the question was if a unit can be hit and/or drift more than once, which it can't.

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brastias wrote:

Can you provide a source for this? I had this exact same question before and I didn't see anything that prevented a unit from drifting multiple times OR getting hit multiple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Martin regarding the one hit/drift per unit restriction for landing results, but I can't find a rule supporting this.

At this point the only thing I can offer is that though the Landing Results are resolved one card at a time, they are considered to be going on simultaneously. Hence, a unit hit and drifting over to another Beach Box would not be hit/drift again due to the above mentioned simultaneity of the Landing Results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree that your suggestion "feels" correct. But there definitely isn't a rule supporting The idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Considering how long it's been since this game was released and that so many questions have been already been asked and answered, both here and on CSW, I'm a little surprised this question hasn't come up before.

Admittedly, this is one of the few times where I can't provide a source because, as far as I know, there isn't one. My reply is simply based on the fact that the alternative would make no sense.

First, let's disregard the fact that all the landings are supposed to occur at the same time.
Then, consider that if you allow a unit that has already resolved its landing to drift and/or be hit again, you would have a scenario where units on White 1 potentially could be affected up to four times, units on White 2 three times, et cetera, ending with Orange 3 where the starting units only could be affected one time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerardo Bolanos
msg tools
I just got the game so I might be missing something here but I thought a US unit can only lose one step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

That step-loss limit applies only when fired upon during the Japanese Fire Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.