Conspiracy!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asher Atlas
Israel
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

Just received my Kickstarter copy today and made a test run with my girlfriend, which made us come up with some questions of stuff we weren't sure about:

1. When playing a 2 player game, what's the point of discarding a card (from my hand - to the tabloids) which belongs to a conspiracy that the other player has revealed, at the end of my turn, if that player can on his turn just take it from the top of the deck to not only remove it from the tabloids, but strengthen the conspiracy himself? have we misunderstood the concept here?

2. After the a round is over and scoring is done, is anything reshuffled back into the Unknown, or do all cards (tabloid and revealed conspiracies) stay on the table? I'm guessing that everything is shuffled back and the round starts over from scratch, with nothing revealed?

I'm a bit confused because we played 1 round on that dry run game that we did, and after that round was over, all the cards in the tabloid didn't belong to any revealed conspiracy, so no points were lost.
Not sure we were playing it right...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Sauer
United States
Hamilton Square
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.shootagaingames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
bushaaya wrote:
Hey guys,

Just received my Kickstarter copy today and made a test run with my girlfriend, which made us come up with some questions of stuff we weren't sure about:

1. When playing a 2 player game, what's the point of discarding a card (from my hand - to the tabloids) which belongs to a conspiracy that the other player has revealed, at the end of my turn, if that player can on his turn just take it from the top of the deck to not only remove it from the tabloids, but strengthen the conspiracy himself? have we misunderstood the concept here?

You are correct. It would be a bad idea in a two player game to discard something the other player can use. This is also true for the player that goes after you in a three or four player game. You can always play them in front of you to strengthen the other player's conspiracy, but often you may not want to. There are ways around this. For one Men in Black are awesome for dumping the other players cards into the Tabloids where they can't get them easily. Also, keep in mind that once a Men in Black is in the Tabloids, you can effectively use a Secret Informant as a Men in Black (Play it to retrieve the Men in Black and since Secret Informant lets you break the one Action card a turn rule if you take an Action card from the Tabloids, you can immediately play it). This might not be something you would do often in a three or four player game, but in a two player it works rather nicely. Also, remember that at the end of the hand the other player gets to toss one last card into the Tabloids before they are read. So, save a good card to discredit your opponent for that last toss. If you are the one going out, just make it your last discard.

bushaaya wrote:
2. After the a round is over and scoring is done, is anything reshuffled back into the Unknown, or do all cards (tabloid and revealed conspiracies) stay on the table? I'm guessing that everything is shuffled back and the round starts over from scratch, with nothing revealed?

I'm a bit confused because we played 1 round on that dry run game that we did, and after that round was over, all the cards in the tabloid didn't belong to any revealed conspiracy, so no points were lost.
Not sure we were playing it right...

At the end of the hand all cards are shuffled and nothing is left out. What gets put in the Tabloids is up to the players, so if they are not aggressive about it, it can come up empty especially if the Moon "Landing" does not get revealed that hand. It is harder to get stuff in there with two players, but as demonstrated above, there are ways to make it happen. Some rounds little will be discredited and others will be a bloodbath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Tilman
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If no cards that discredit your opponents are in the Tabloids at the end of a round, you are not doing your job. Focusing some attention on the discard pile takes some getting use to, but after a few games you should get it. Conspiracy! is probably the best card game released in 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.