$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
$20.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Forgotten Souls» Forums » General

Subject: This worth $40? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a player new to Descent (but one brought over by the co-op potential of Road to Legend), I've been eyeing these "analog" variants for some time. However, when I went to add one to my cart, I was aghast that the cost was close to a big box expansion.

Naturally this inflation is due to scarcity, and the unlikeliness of a reprint. Road to Legend is likely superior mechanically (though I'm not sure if the loot system is the same), but currently RtL is only 2 scenarios at most..

Worth $40?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Where are you seeing it for $40??? That seems ridiculously high.

EDIT: CSI has this in stock for $12, which is what I'd be willing to pay for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Nope. Where are you seeing it for $40??? That seems ridiculously high.

EDIT: CSI has this in stock for $12, which is what I'd be willing to pay for it.

Amazon.

Thanks for the CSI heads-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:

Naturally this inflation is due to scarcity, and the unlikeliness of a reprint.

Forgotten Souls and the other co-op expansions are print-on-demand. They are not manufactured and can be bought on FFG's website at all times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mb
Road To Legend.

that is all....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
Road To Legend.

that is all....

RtL is campaign, the co-op scenarios are all one-shots with leveling and looting mid-game. There's reason to play both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
Road To Legend.

that is all....

It will be all when there are more than 2 (1.5?) options available.

Till then, these will help validate the expenditure given the two player emphasis in my household.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not worth $40. It's a functional cooperative scenario but isn't exactly mind-blowing. And component-wise it's just a couple small decks of cards. It's probably worth $20 shipped, but I personally wouldn't pay more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
Definitely not worth $40. It's a functional cooperative scenario but isn't exactly mind-blowing. And component-wise it's just a couple small decks of cards. It's probably worth $20 shipped, but I personally wouldn't pay more than that.

Seems to have limited replay value as well.

Still a purchase, for sure, but I'm happy to have found both co-op scenarios for their original price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Oph1d1an wrote:

Seems to have limited replay value as well.

Still a purchase, for sure, but I'm happy to have found both co-op scenarios for their original price.

As long as you're not constantly playing, the replay isn't too bad, but it is just one scenario, it's not a full expansion. Also, there are 3 co-op scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Also, there are 3 co-op scenarios.

True. I lack Lair of the Wyrm, so I ignore the existence of the last one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.