Subject: Keeping Pandemic if I own Pandemic Legacy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

My wife and I have been playing Pandemic Legacy with another couple and are enjoying it. We are have played five times and are currently in April.

We also have a copy of base Pandemic that has not been touched since playing Legacy.

Is there any reason to keep the original game if we have the Legacy game?

I'm leaning towards no. I figure we can play a regular Pandemic game at any time on the Legacy board.

What have you done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
If you obey the instructions when it comes to tearing stuff up, you may find you destroy things which then make it hard to play vanilla Pandemic. Of course, you can just hide them away instead.

But Pandemic Legacy really isn't usefully playable after you've finished December. A few people have suggested things, but, well, I've not bothered trying them.

If space is at a premium, why not keep your regular Pandemic, and discard Legacy once you're done? It's smaller, both on the table and in the box.

PS: Remember that using your Legacy board to pay vanilla Pandemic could create spoilers for people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can definitely play regular pandemic on the legacy copy, but it may require a bit of extra work. As you've seen, things get stickers, and other things get destroyed. You may just have to be careful about that.

Personally, I would keep regular pandemic and toss legacy when it's done if you still want to play vanilla pandemic after the campaign is done. The board gets pretty messy and the cards take a beating, so I prefer the original game for playing regular pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely keep regular Pandemic around if you already have it and plan on playing with the expansions. While you could probably play with the expansions on a post-campaign Legacy set it is probably a little easier to integrate the expansions into the normal set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the vanilla Pandemic board is less intimidating that the PL one. It's got all this other stuff on it that new folks tend to get overwhelmed by.

So keeping the vanilla pandemic.
Plus as others have mentioned, the box size for PL is pretty huge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, note that the Pandemic Legacy board has slightly different connections than the base Pandemic board (for example, the drive route from Santiago to Buenos Aires).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onigame wrote:
Also, note that the Pandemic Legacy board has slightly different connections than the base Pandemic board (for example, the drive route from Santiago to Buenos Aires).

Which is both a blessing and a curse. In vanilla pandemic when Santiago starts to get ugly, it's like "shrug". In Legacy though, better squelch that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.