Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Blanchett
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Work has started on the next game using the "Fall Blau" system. I originally envisioned this system able to cover the entire Eastern Front from 1941-1944. Still possible, but I have to take smaller steps with my current situation...

Before & After Fall Blau: The Kharkov Battles will cover the May 1942 Second Kharkov battle and Manstein stopping the Soviet Operation Star with the Third Kharkov in March 1943.

Second Kharkov can already be seen in the Fall Blau Vassal module. It will be added in with a full map to cover Operation Star. Think of the old SPI Operation Star game from the AGS quad redone. Also included will be counters to complete the Fall Blau OOB through January 1943 for those wishing to extend its play (and make further scenarios).

As for Fourth Kharkov, that battle would be part of the Kursk game... if and when I get to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preliminary work done on three of the four included scenarios. Rules footprint is smaller because of the free flowing nature of these battles and not having any mountains on the map.

Two physical mapsheets and 840 counters... plus charts and extras which I still have to discuss with Compass on what will be included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've decided to go with the name - Kharkov Battles: Before & After Fall Blau

It will have a smaller footprint and probably an easier entry into the system with less special rules.

Working on details... the included scenario for Fall Blau will allow for campaign games to run from 28 Jun 1942 to 5 Feb 1943. Ken wants to add a mating map between the two games which would essentially allow you to play a campaign from 28 Jun 1942 to 21 Mar 1943... if you have the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Neal
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm just getting to grips with the first game now... I've always had a lot of interest in the Kharkov battles since I had the S&T game and the AGS quad so I love the idea of a prequel/sequel game covering them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.