Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ACTING TALENT!
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered this game online and when it arrived it came in a large parcel, so when I opened it to find the box inside I thought it was really funny. All images of the box I'd seen seemed to imply a Ticket To Ride size box, but it comes in a box about one quarter of that size.

I love the little box, it just caught me by surprise!

Did anyone else have this happen? Or with any other games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised the game was in a smaller box. I have the original and its box was always hilariously huge for what the game needs. But then the Box of Holding gets it back up to a huge box lol. Now with all 3 sets in there it needs to be that big but now it's bigger than a Ticket to Ride box.

As for other games, I was really surprised the first time I saw the Grizzled in a store. That box is tiny! I guess for whatever reason hearing about the game on podcasts made me think it would be in a bigger box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lelas
Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ACTING TALENT!
mbmbmbmbmb
On the flip side of this, when my copy of "Hey, That's My Fish" arrived (this was a few years ago) it came in a box that was probably about 90% air. The thing was huge! I much prefer this trend of going small if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.