Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like The Captain is Dead the few times I've played it with 3-4. A bunch of people are coming over tonight which will make us 7 total so I reread the rules last night for a game.

But now I'm wondering if there will be too much downtime and with that many and the decisions a player will have will be more limited. My group is experienced but this will be a more relaxed drinking environment and I don't want to bore people.

Have you played this with 7, does it drag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
I have played with 7 players many many times without downtime being a problem. However, it takes 1 very important factor: The players have to want to be interactive and collaborative. If you are concerned that your players will not want to be collaborative, then stick to 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Herman
United States
Sussex
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It was fine with 7 when I played it. You can always be thinking about getting or giving cards for your next turn based on what people pull and it's better if everyone is making decisions (not sure how it would be with a quiet group of 7).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Chambers
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played with 7 a couple of times and my experience is similar to the what the others have said. In my case, there really wasn't any down time as everyone was discussing "The Plan(tm)" with those around them in the turn order. In most cases, we had several conversations going at once so it felt like there was no down time at all. The game itself may take longer each round, but it didn't feel like we were sitting around doing nothing most of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.