Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please help me ensure I'm setting up the board properly when using the Legends expansion. After placing the initial 8 Challenge Tokens on the board, the 3 Mine Tokens and the Train Token are also placed on the board, correct? So that means there are now effectively 12 Challenge Tokens on the board at the start of the game?

If that's the correct setup, what happens when a player resolves a Challenge Token (either one of the original 8, or one of the 3 Mines)? Does he place a new Challenge Token, or wait until there are only 7 on the board before refreshing back to 8? Or does the "place a new Challenge Token" step only ever apply to the original 8 Challenge Tokens, so if there are still 8 of those tokens on the board, no new token is added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt,

Correct on setup.

The train does not count as a token on the map, nor do the 3 abandoned mines.

When the mines are attempted, they are removed and never come back. The train can come back after it goes to a town, on the following turn.

The original 8 challenge tokens stay out and reload as per usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The train comes back on the following turn? Cool. Based on my read of the rules, I assumed it was gone forever once it reached the closest town. Having the train around all game is really good, as it's a tough challenge until you can increase your riding skill via spurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.