Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
48 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Fate of the Elder Gods» Forums » General

Subject: Now live on Kickstarter! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fate of the Elder Gods is now live on KickStarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/fate-of-the-eld...
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
404 link doesn't work... nm
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Too late, I'm already a backer.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cleland
Canada
Carlisle
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why so expensive? Will the Azagathoth character be sold outside the campaign or is it exclusive?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed. For some reason I thought this wasn't going live until Thursday.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Why so expensive? Will the Azagathoth character be sold outside the campaign or is it exclusive?


I don't think this is expensive given what will come in the box, the game play and replayability that comes with it, as well as some of the stretch goals that may be revealed as we progress.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be a tad on the expensive side, but heres hoping theres a lot of stretch goals that make up for it. Lots of elder gods to be included, etc.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Why so expensive? Will the Azagathoth character be sold outside the campaign or is it exclusive?

@danlicata has already addressed the price and I have nothing to add there.
But they said in the comments that Azathoth will only be available on conventions and possibly on the bgg store some time in the future. But don't expect to get it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will watch it to see how stretch goals go, but $60 is more than I was expecting to pay for the game. Yes I am aware of the quality and 3D components. I will watch it and see if I can drum up some interest from my game group and go from there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Why so expensive? Will the Azagathoth character be sold outside the campaign or is it exclusive?

@danlicata has already addressed the price and I have nothing to add there.
But they said in the comments that Azathoth will only be available on conventions and possibly on the bgg store some time in the future. But don't expect to get it.


So he'll probably be $5-8. Then if none of the stretch goals are exclusive if MSRP is $70 that means the game will be $45-50 online. Guess we'll have to see.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind there are over 100 mini's in the box. That's a lot of plastic. Add in over 100 cards and custom dice there is a lot of value already.

Now if we reach some of the stretch goals I've heard whispers about the value will really get up there. Check out the Dice Tower Origins Preview if you haven't yet.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
Keep in mind there are over 100 mini's in the box. That's a lot of plastic. Add in over 100 cards and custom dice there is a lot of value already.

Now if we reach some of the stretch goals I've heard whispers about the value will really get up there. Check out the Dice Tower Origins Preview if you haven't yet.


Like every Kickstarter it will be compared to the price one can get it at retail later
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LargeGoblin
msg tools
So, is this a competitive game that can be played solo? I was excited when I saw it was 1-4 players because I assumed it would be a co-op. The description makes it sound competitive though. I only buy co-op games, so I was curious.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's competitive. You try to summon your GOO first.

If anyone gets 'sealed' via Eldritch Signs, then the game ends and you see who was highest on their track.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only are there currently 107 miniatures with additional Mi-Go and what appears to be Shoggoth minis as stretch goals, 10 custom dice and Azathoth. Shipping for the U.S. and Canada is included as well! laugh

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Why so expensive? Will the Azagathoth character be sold outside the campaign or is it exclusive?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Game is expensive and I can accept it but backing from EU is impossible due to 29$ shipping costs bringing it to a final 88$...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elianto wrote:
Game is expensive and I can accept it but backing from EU is impossible due to 29$ shipping costs bringing it to a final 88$...

Could you perhaps co-pledge with some other guys from Italy? Apparently you'll only have to pay $29 in shipping even if you order multiple games. (Not sure how many they will allow in a single order though.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like an awesome game. It's got my pledge.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AccidentalCultist wrote:
Not only are there currently 107 miniatures with additional Mi-Go and what appears to be Shoggoth minis as stretch goals, 10 custom dice and Azathoth. Shipping for the U.S. and Canada is included as well! laugh

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Why so expensive? Will the Azagathoth character be sold outside the campaign or is it exclusive?


Still doesn't change that it will most likely be cheaper at retail. I'm in for now but might drop unless there are some exclusives.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the issue for European backers, but not so much for American backers.

MSRP is $69.95. We can back at $59.

My FLGS gives me a 15% discount. Adding tax, that is $63.62. Add in the $7 for getting the Azathoth God later through BGG, I'm getting this for $11 cheaper via Kickstarter.

Most online discounts are around 30%. That is $48.97. Add in $7 for the extra God, and that is $55.97. That doesn't even include shipping (if you can't get free shipping). So, from an OLGS, you pay $3 less.

Seems like we are getting a good deal here.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruskicowboy wrote:
I understand the issue for European backers, but not so much for American backers.

MSRP is $69.95. We can back at $59.

My FLGS gives me a 15% discount. Adding tax, that is $63.62. Add in the $7 for getting the Azathoth God later through BGG, I'm getting this for $11 cheaper via Kickstarter.

Most online discounts are around 30%. That is $48.97. Add in $7 for the extra God, and that is $55.97. That doesn't even include shipping (if you can't get free shipping). So, from an OLGS, you pay $3 less.

Seems like we are getting a good deal here.



Most online stores discount 30-35%. I never pay shipping
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Ruskicowboy wrote:
I understand the issue for European backers, but not so much for American backers.

MSRP is $69.95. We can back at $59.

My FLGS gives me a 15% discount. Adding tax, that is $63.62. Add in the $7 for getting the Azathoth God later through BGG, I'm getting this for $11 cheaper via Kickstarter.

Most online discounts are around 30%. That is $48.97. Add in $7 for the extra God, and that is $55.97. That doesn't even include shipping (if you can't get free shipping). So, from an OLGS, you pay $3 less.

Seems like we are getting a good deal here.



Most online stores discount 30-35%. I never pay shipping



Ding ding ding! We have a winner...

Sorry folks but unless a KS Board Game is truly breaking some new ground, 99% of them fall into 2 categories: (a) established developers using it as a risk free, open ended pre ordering system or (b) creators with an idea who will either intentionally mislead with the fulfillment date in order to increase backing and/or those with absolutely no business skills or planning ability.

So unless a KS Board Game demonstrates tangible real world value over what you would get retail, then what's the point?

Oh sure, the KS diehards will drone on about "supporting a vision" or "the product would otherwise not see the light of day" yadda yadda yadda. If those arguments make you feel good about essentially placing a preorder with zero consumer rights (much like driving a Prius grants some people a smug sense of self superiority) then by all means do so.

Also, the next time you make an argument about "MSRP", remember that when you're shopping fro your next new car. How would you treat the salesman who constantly beat you over the head with the "sticker price"?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Oh sure, the KS diehards will drone on about "supporting a vision" or "the product would otherwise not see the light of day" yadda yadda yadda. If those arguments make you feel good about essentially placing a preorder with zero consumer rights (much like driving a Prius grants some people a smug sense of self superiority) then by all means do so.

Why thank you, I believe that I will.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.