fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
Avatar
mb
In 1992, telling it like it is about folks like Trump:


And in case you've forgotten Hitch's virulent dislike for the Clintons:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them." 1st John 4:5
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmb
"Man I miss professional Misanthropes!"

That said, it's funny that a well known skeptic ate the red pill on Clinton so easily.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
Avatar
mb
windsagio wrote:
"Man I miss professional Misanthropes!"

That said, it's funny that a well known skeptic ate the red pill on Clinton so easily.
I've always seen Hitchens' distaste for the Clintons to be centered less around policy disputes & more around how readily their flaws were seemingly dismissed without meriting so much as a back-page news story surrounding the facts contained therein. Hitch never suffered fools or charlatans gladly.

And remembering how much the political right detested the Clintons in the 90's it's easy to chalk it all up to a witch hunt designed to take them down a peg so that a Republican challenger could rise. But lost in that shuffle were a fair amount of legitimate points of criticism that got thrown out amidst the "vast right wing conspiracy." The Clintons certainly come by their Teflon reputation (dis)honestly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Avatar
What I'd like to hear is his take on the recent spate of independent terrorism.

Edit:
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
windsagio wrote:
"Man I miss professional Misanthropes!"

That said, it's funny that a well known skeptic ate the red pill on Clinton so easily.
I've always seen Hitchens' distaste for the Clintons to be centered less around policy disputes & more around how readily their flaws were seemingly dismissed without meriting so much as a back-page news story surrounding the facts contained therein. Hitch never suffered fools or charlatans gladly.

And remembering how much the political right detested the Clintons in the 90's it's easy to chalk it all up to a witch hunt designed to take them down a peg so that a Republican challenger could rise. But lost in that shuffle were a fair amount of legitimate points of criticism that got thrown out amidst the "vast right wing conspiracy." The Clintons certainly come by their Teflon reputation (dis)honestly.


He also had the same distaste for Mother Theresa, Ghandi and the Dalai Lama.

I think he hated the ideal of holding up flawed people as something more than they were.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hitchens was one of those writers who sometimes delighted me and sometimes infuriated me. He'd probably like that description of him.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
Avatar
mb
shumyum wrote:
What I'd like to hear is his take on the recent spate of independent terrorism anything & everything.
FTFY.

He's been gone almost 5 years now and still no one has come close to replacing him.
Sadly maybe no one ever will. soblue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
windsagio wrote:
"Man I miss professional Misanthropes!"

That said, it's funny that a well known skeptic ate the red pill on Clinton so easily.
I've always seen Hitchens' distaste for the Clintons to be centered less around policy disputes & more around how readily their flaws were seemingly dismissed without meriting so much as a back-page news story surrounding the facts contained therein. Hitch never suffered fools or charlatans gladly.

And remembering how much the political right detested the Clintons in the 90's it's easy to chalk it all up to a witch hunt designed to take them down a peg so that a Republican challenger could rise. But lost in that shuffle were a fair amount of legitimate points of criticism that got thrown out amidst the "vast right wing conspiracy." The Clintons certainly come by their Teflon reputation (dis)honestly.


"how readily her flaws were seemingly dismissed"?

Are we talking about the same Hillary-Whitewater-Troopergate-SecretLesbian-VinceFosterMurdering-Psychopath-Thief-Clinton?

~~~

Her flaws have been trumpeted consistently for the last 2 decades, including many that aren't real at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.