Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been years since I played and I think if I can get a quick coup rules in place I can corral 7 players at an upcoming camping event.

Boardless looks really good but I think it could be made a little more fun and interactive. Rather than have positions and cards generate 'points' perhaps the points could represent dice.

At the beginning of the coup phase everyone totals up their dice and then starting with the player to El President left s/he either hands the dice to First Rebel or El Presidente. Fun interaction may come in as people hand over their dice "El Presidente, I stand by you forever! My forces are at your command" or "El Presidente you know I would give my LIFE for you. So..... I will be very very sad if the First Rebel executes you after the coup" as dice are handed to the rebel

Presidente and Rebel roll their own dice plus those handed to them and high roll wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of the fun in a coup, for me, is when you have a few buildings in the hands of players who are either not committed (yet) to either case, or at least willing to switch sides.

This makes for fun situations ("He took that building! But is he for or against us?") and heated negotiations at the end of the coup.

With a dry "use my dice", yes, you'll save a lot of time. But at the expense of a lot of the fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
Part of the fun in a coup, for me, is when you have a few buildings in the hands of players who are either not committed (yet) to either case, or at least willing to switch sides.

This makes for fun situations ("He took that building! But is he for or against us?") and heated negotiations at the end of the coup.

With a dry "use my dice", yes, you'll save a lot of time. But at the expense of a lot of the fun.

I agree 100%, but most of the crew will not be interested in the 'wargaming' part of the coup and would probably be turned off. I think the lying and deceit of the budget and assassination process will still provide a great deal of fun.

Alternatively I also considered having players just place their dice on the different red areas, battle for control of them and then declare whether supporting El Presidente or the Rebellion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a camping event, the new game "Junta Las Cartas" could be interesting. It is card game based on the board game.

Some versions (German, Spain, Japanese) are already available. The US version is upcoming too, but I don't know the release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.