Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got the Deep Sea Divers I mean Harvesters from Beyond recently, and thought that it would be fun to furnish them with long umbilical cords back to their homeworld as hinted at in the sheet that comes with the set. Just for something fun and different for these guys.

I imagine they are diving through portals from some vast harvesting ship in space, and these conduits supply them with the harsh environment of their homeworld. Or perhaps the conduit is also used to send back dark stone ore as they collect it. For gameplay, knives and swords prove ineffective and bullets just bounce off the tough but flexible conduit. It would probably spell an agonizing death to any human who chanced following a conduit back through a portal.

Some notes:
I used parachute cord I had around (I'm guessing it's 1/8"), but any braided cord should do for the look. I'd probably go to a slightly smaller diameter if I were to do it over. I leave about 2' of cord behind the figure which is enough for them to get through 2-3 tiles. I also secured it with a drop of super glue at the base to make it look a bit "heavier".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Paruman
South Africa
Midrand
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is cool :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that looks great!

The Harvesters are a fun enemy -- really hard to beat most of the time. The sculpts look nice to begin with, but your paint job with attached hose makes them look fantastic.

Also, am I seeing a cat person in your last photo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks for the compliments. It was a fun little diversion. I still need to paint up my other 2 Harvesters. They are only base-coated.

Cat person? Oh, that is an unpainted Malifaux "Pathfinder" that I am using as a "Mountain Man" hero.

I have yet to paint him, but here is MultiWarGamer's outstanding paint job of the figure. I'll get to painting mine eventually, and hope to do a decent job of it. (I take forever to paint them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Llewellyn
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like that cord goes all the way back to the plug in the background (in the last photo).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing that out, I had omitted it in the instructions. Yes, Harvesters work off of any standard US 120V outlet, or can be used with appropriate power converters in other countries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScooterNH wrote:
Wow, thanks for the compliments. It was a fun little diversion. I still need to paint up my other 2 Harvesters. They are only base-coated.

Cat person? Oh, that is an unpainted Malifaux "Pathfinder" that I am using as a "Mountain Man" hero.

I have yet to paint him, but here is MultiWarGamer's outstanding paint job of the figure. I'll get to painting mine eventually, and hope to do a decent job of it. (I take forever to paint them)

That idea reminds me of the Brigand from Myth -- he's a rat person (though the female version is just a human). Myth is short on lore so we don't really know his story. What is the story of your mountain man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The mountain man is a fun player made hero by njep (Here's a link to him)

I'm on my first mission with him. I am not sure that the original hero has been 100% completed or updated in some time. Right now I'm testing the waters a bit with him and might modify things a bit here and there more to my liking. Wanted to give the base hero a try out first. So far he's been fun to play, and thematically fits right in.

My back-end story is that he's a reclusive trapper type who lives up in the hills. Occasionally makes his way to town for sundries. The townsfolk know of him and barter with him for help in tracking things down or fighting off various threats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.