Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Space Exploration Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abr 35
msg tools
Looking for a scifi space exploration with a Star Trek kind of theme. I'd like to find one focused on a single ship with the player making decisions to manage the ship while exploring planets. It doesn't have to be an official game or have the words "Star Trek" in it lol.

Tried Star Trek: the Dice Game and enjoyed mechanic of managing the crew to complete a mission and protect the ship but looking for something a tad more complex. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Star Trek: Frontiers seems to be the hot new one. Might be a little more combat focused than exploration though.

Xia: Legends of a Drift System might be another good one to look. Not Star Trek, but single ship and more a sense of exploration than some other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Greer
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Xia: Legends of a Drift System. It's basically Merchants & Marauders in space, but it sounds like what you're looking for, because the board is modular, and the "geography" of the galaxy doesn't come out the same way every time. The only thing I think might not be in line with your vision is that in Xia, you don't really "explore" the planets, vis-a-vis "Star Trek Away Team." You "discover" them, and determine essentially their alignment and what market goods they need, but there's no real sense landing and "seeking out new life and new civilizations."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Perhaps Leaving Earth?

It's more of a realistic space history game than sci-fi, and definitely complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Star Trek: Fleet Captains?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"Arrange whatever pieces come your way." Virginia Woolf
mbmbmbmbmb
It is solo, and old, but with available files. I just posted my thoughts on this gsme which does exactly what you ask: Voyage of the B.S.M. Pandora
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.