Mike Greubel
United States
Merrick
New York
flag msg tools
I looked to see if this was answered elsewhere but couldn't find it. What happens if someone has the teacher meeple and two features are completed simultaneously by placing a tile? Does the player with the teacher meeple get the combined points of both features or only the higher value one? The rules only refer to the next completed feature.

In a recent game I had the teacher and placed a tile that completed two monasteries and a small road. I lucked out that none of the other players tiles could finish anything and I got the perfect piece. The way we interpreted the rule I ended up with 44 points. Are we playing this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just use the score of the highest value feature completed that turn. The rules seem to say that only one feature will get the school bonus, and since there is no rule to say what order the features have to be scored, then we go with the highest first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Christof Tisch (from HiG) clarified some time ago that if multiple features are completed simultaneously, the teacher scores for all of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Greubel
United States
Merrick
New York
flag msg tools
tool wrote:
Christof Tisch (from HiG) clarified some time ago that if multiple features are completed simultaneously, the teacher scores for all of them.

Thanks, I looked around but I guess I just missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.