Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer of this game and owner of Omega Games passed away last Friday, July 15, 2016.

He will be missed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola S
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if just another drop in these days' tragedies, it does tint the sea a darker shade.

I never had a pleasure to meet him in person, but in e-mail communication he was always very kind and friendly.

He also designed one of the very first wargames I ever owned (Ranger) and still love very much to these days, as well as he was working on a new translation for the much overlooked classic Pacific Fleet (the Sunset Games edition).

Condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never met him, but did speak with him on the phone a couple of times. It is a pleasant memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am shocked by the news. Bill has always been a generous and gentle guy, even though we never met in person in our correspondence. Sad to see you leave. R.I.P. Bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember Bill from Paper Wars and him being active on Consimworld. Sad to hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Ward
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just found out about Bill's death, and our cumulative loss, yesterday. He was my classmate at West Point, and lived next to me in the barracks. I monitored his gaming efforts from afar for over 30 years, and it has been about five years since we last communicated. The name of his game company, Omega Games, was based on the West Point Class of 1979's unofficial adoption of the last letter of the Greek alphabet because '79 was the last all-male class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert "Smitty" Smith
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joyce & Omega Games
Joyce is still operating Omega Games. More to follow as she continues to update me.

Smitty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did she get help with Pacific War?

Best wishes to her, still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert "Smitty" Smith
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin - we're walking around some of these issues "gingerly".

Smitty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I believe it. Very brave of her to carry on. I mean that in a positive way. I only spoke with Bill on the phone a couple of times, I respected him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert "Smitty" Smith
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin:
We went to the beach with them and stayed over at their place - a lovely couple.

Smitty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.