Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to recognize the 3rd printing from the outside of the box? If I went to a store to buy the 3rd version with the corrected ship order on the board & latest rulebook how would I know if it is in the box or not?
Does the UPC code vary? Or maybe there is an item number showing if it is the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd print run?
On the same note, if I were to order one from some of the popular online retailers would you have any way to know what version they are stocking currently? I assume their stock probably rotates even more often but without seeing the box they grab off the shelf how could I make sure I am getting latest version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, no such distinction has been made on the box.

Our 2nd edition copies sold through months ago and we have stocked distributors with the 3rd edition copies.

Major online retailers should all be selling 3rd edition.
Brick and Mortar stores could have either depending on how long they have had the item in stock. If they ordered it more than 3 months ago, it is probably second edition.

Sorry there isn't a clear way to tell in advance of opening the box.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark etwell
Canada
Aurora
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What are the differences between 2nd and 3rd editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand is 2 things. One is the more updated rulebook which is already available to print from the FILES section on this game. The other was the art on the board for the food to warrior ratios was switched so the locations farthest from the dock required more food making slightly more thematic sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HelloIm Mazmo
msg tools
Is it possible, if we already have the 2nd printing, to get the new board somewhere ? I'm in Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like a new board as well I don't mind paying for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.