Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Brew Crafters» Forums » General

Subject: Now that it's been reprinted - What are the differences with 1st ed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
Canada
Niagara Region & Buffalo
Onatrio & New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I see this has been addressed some time ago, but no definitive answer given.

I just ordered a copy and it's on the way. Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rosset
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several graphics design improvements, but only 3 gameplay changes:

1. The Local partnership action was moved to be an "OR" space on the fundraiser. This makes the start player space more competitive, especially in early rounds.

2. The Event Planner skilled worker was made a bit more powerful. She now gets you an extra $1 along with any ingredient when you use the fundraiser action space.

3. The requirements for the Tour and Tasting room were simplified. Instead of 3 separate requirements, there is now just one: have a total operating cost (skilled workers, equipment and brewery shifts) of at least $12. You still start the game with an operating cost of $5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Niagara Region & Buffalo
Onatrio & New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Very fast reply!

Thanks for the answer, Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ben!!

Any chance that there are replacements available for those of us with the first edition? I Kickstarted it and woudl love to be able to correct my game with minimal Sharpie usage!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
Thanks Ben!!

Any chance that there are replacements available for those of us with the first edition? I Kickstarted it and woudl love to be able to correct my game with minimal Sharpie usage!!

Might as well +1 this, although I doubt DHMG will listen. And of course, if and when it appears, it will cost $5 with a shipping cost of $100 - good old Greater Than Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bright
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
Thanks Ben!!

As would I, especially if it included a fixed version of the Honey Porter card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
Might as well +1 this, although I doubt DHMG will listen. And of course, if and when it appears, it will cost $5 with a shipping cost of $100 - good old Greater Than Games!

Well, with that attitude, I wouldn't expect a reply at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:
Thanks Ben!!

Maybe we can talk them into listing it at BGG store?

Pay it forward and all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rosset37 wrote:

1. The Local partnership action was moved to be an "OR" space on the fundraiser. This makes the start player space more competitive, especially in early rounds.

2. The Event Planner skilled worker was made a bit more powerful. She now gets you an extra $1 along with any ingredient when you use the fundraiser action space.

3. The requirements for the Tour and Tasting room were simplified. Instead of 3 separate requirements, there is now just one: have a total operating cost (skilled workers, equipment and brewery shifts) of at least $12. You still start the game with an operating cost of $5.

Thanks for the info! Wow, I thought it was just the local partnership/fundraiser thing. I didn't know there were changes to the Event Planner card and Tour and Tasting room.

It would be really great to get all the component updates (stickers for the action board, new Event Planner card, 5 player aid cards for Tour and Tasting Room rule change, corrected Honey Porter card) as an errata pack on the BGG store for $5. 2 stickers and 7 cards for $5 seems reasonable to me. What a great way that would be to thank the KS backers and early adopters for making the game a success. Wouldn't even need any fancy packaging--just throw it all in a ziplock bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
rosset37 wrote:

Thanks for the info! Wow, I thought it was just the local partnership/fundraiser thing. I didn't know there were changes to the Event Planner card and Tour and Tasting room.

It would be really great to get all the component updates (stickers for the action board, new Event Planner card, 5 player aid cards for Tour and Tasting Room rule change, corrected Honey Porter card) as an errata pack on the BGG store for $5. 2 stickers and 7 cards for $5 seems reasonable to me. What a great way that would be to thank the KS backers and early adopters for making the game a success. Wouldn't even need any fancy packaging--just throw it all in a ziplock bag.

There was talk about there being one big sticker being made that would go on the back of the market board. That way you can have a board like the one in the 2nd printing, original on one side and new version on the other.
From the thread 2 edition/printing question,
ckirkman wrote:
... 2nd edition will have rules to play the game with both the new position and the old - and the old is the "official" advanced variant since experienced players can handle it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melen
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ben! It's pretty cool when a game is so well supported.

I missed out on the Kickstarter campaign, but bought the second edition as soon as I saw it offered. Received it last week, and will unbox it tomorrow with my gaming buddy.

She is already conjuring up some alternate brew names, having decided that 'Simply Stout' simply won't do. She's thinking "Stout & Snarky". She herself is thin & snarky. And I'm a bad influence.

Can't wait to play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:
Thanks Ben!!

All this! Would love to have all the correct things for the game... if it was sent to BGG for them to sell at a low price I would buy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:
Thanks Ben!!

Wow. Whine much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoot. I bought the 1st edition recently, not knowing or not sure when the second edition would come out. I still haven't punched anything and it turns out the second edition is already available!

Would love to see stickers on the BGG market to update the 1st edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
didn't realize there were going to be some changes like this made, would love to have a way to sticker up my 1st edition copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Subscribe to Smashing Plastic on YouTube
mbmbmbmbmb
Slow me to chime in.
Also requesting reasonable international shipping.
Maybe a partnership with miniature market, who has very good pricing for those of us overseas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Collins
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
Muse23PT wrote:
isellsunshine wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:
Thanks Ben!!

All this! Would love to have all the correct things for the game... if it was sent to BGG for them to sell at a low price I would buy it!

Add me to this growing list! I would love to be able to update my 1st edition via a small upgrade pack for the board (sticker), and components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join the echo chamber on this one. Would like to see a way to update my Kickstarted copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto. Please let those of us who bought the first print have some sort of way to correct this if we choose without buying the full game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
I'll join the echo chamber on this one. Would like to see a way to update my Kickstarted copy.

Agreed! I feel alienated by the game company when this occurs. I am being penalized for supporting or buying the game to make it popular to begin with. FYI, love the game but this stings. I hope they step up and offer some sort of upgrade pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be a sticker pack of some sort for us Kickstarter Backers to be able to update our games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klurejr wrote:
There should be a sticker pack of some sort for us Kickstarter Backers to be able to update our games.

At least some kind of upgrade option is in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
klurejr wrote:

At least some kind of upgrade option is in the works.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
USA consumers are spoiled with "Free shipping".

USPS is incredibly expensive to from internationally. I might as buy games locally as even 75% off a game only makes it $2 cheaper then my FLGS when you consider exchange and shipping costs.

Even more annoying is that some games only see US distribution and there is no choice for the international consumer to either pay it or forget about the product.

So yes, whining about prohibitive shipping costs maybe, but you pay as much for shipping as you do for the game EVERYTIME and see how much you appreciate the extra costs.

meeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
What graphical improvements were made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.