Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a fairly miserable 3 years of High School-- my family had just moved back to the city I was born in, but I had no current friends going to my new school, and most of them knew each other from the junior high school in the area. So I was a lonely loner.

I made a few good acquaintances over the three years, of course. Including one girl who was in the same French class as I was, all three years.
She found me on Facebook several years back and we've chatted a bit there since.

So this morning there's a note from her, with a picture of what I wrote to her in her Grade 12 yearbook.

I had drawn a picture of a shark coming out of the water-- just like the Benchley novel cover-- and the text beside it says, "Hey Jaws! I hope you get a lousy mark in French."

Whatever possessed me to insult her and wish her bad luck, I have no idea. Fortunately she thought it was funny, now, but she did ask me why I did it.

I'm not often at a loss for words, but that pretty much sums up for me why I had trouble fitting in, in High School! shake
Besides being a lonely loner, I was a complete idiot.

(Hey, now! I said that I was an idiot, not still am...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you had conveniently forgotten the stupid things you did. So often when I think of things I did in the past, I can just shake my head and think "Crap, I was such an idiot. What the hell was wrong with me?" And of course, in 10 or 20 years time, I'll probably think the same things about what I'm doing now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My short term memory is gone, but my long term memory of all of the stupid things I did in school won't take time off.

My apologies to Janet, Debbie, Brenda, Jane, Patty, Suzanne, Cher, Katy, and Nancy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Week 2017 TOKYO bullet KYOTO
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
My apologies to Janet, Debbie, Brenda, Jane, Patty, Suzanne, Cher, Katy, and Nancy

All at once? Nine at once???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a lot of high school boys think insults are somehow witty and guaranteed to win friends and influence people.

Fortunately, most of us outgrow that stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Orangemoose wrote:
My short term memory is gone, but my long term memory of all of the stupid things I did in school won't take time off.

The entire cast of Three's Company?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.