Has anyone tried to play this solo or come up with a single player variant?
interesting challenge! i'll give this a crack
1) the desert tile does not generate money.
2) at the start of each leg, including the first, remove the top betting tile of the camel in first position.
3) at the end of each leg, remove the top pyramid tile. after 5 legs, the game ends. if a camel crosses the finish line, it has no implications. the game goes for 5 legs, no matter what. the camel in front and on top is the winning camel after that.
4) during the first 3 legs, the following actions are available:
* place desert tile on a side of your choice (but moving it is not an allowed action. remember to take it back between legs)
* take a leg betting tile
* place a race betting card
5) during the last 2 legs, the "place a race betting card" action is replaced with "move your desert tile".
6) after each action, roll one die.
7) do NOT remove the desert tile between legs 4 and 5.
score leg betting tiles at the end of each of the 5 legs. after the 5th leg, also score the end of race bets.
<25p = catastrophy
25-30p = not very good
31-40p = good
41-50p = nice
51-60p = great!
61-70p = amazing!!
71-73p = no wai!!!
74p = legendary!!!!