4 Posts

Order of the Gilded Compass» Forums » Rules

Subject: Archives - can you place dice into multiple groups? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
On a turn, am I only allowed to create or extend a single group of dice in the Archives, or am I allowed to create/extend several groups?

Examples:

Suppose I roll five 6's on my turn.
Can I place all of them on the Archives, but split them into a group of three dice, and another group of two dice? (Assuming there is existing group of 6 the same size).

Similarly, if I already have a group of three 6's and a group of two 6's on the Archives, and I roll two 6's, can I add one die to each group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know the answer for this game, but it is predecessor, Alea Iacta Est, it was one group at a time. I doubt that this key rule has changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
I read the Alea Iacta Est rules, and searched the forums, and couldn't find an answer. I may have missed it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazzuu wrote:
I do not know the answer for this game, but it is predecessor, Alea Iacta Est, it was one group at a time. I doubt that this key rule has changed.

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.